The best Android phone you can buy ​? the Moto X

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Note 3 is certainly not for the average person. Sorry my buddy has one and that thing is just dang big it's unruly to hold and actually use as a cell phone. The g2 is ok but isn't that the phone with the power button on the back? That's annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X was my choice (and many tech reviewers seem to like it as well), but the majority of people seem to disagree with the notion that the Moto X is the best Android phone on the market. Poor sales numbers seem to point that out. But that's alright... as long as Motorola sells enough phones to go through with making a Moto X2, I'll be happy. My phone doesn't have to be the most-liked, or the most popular for me to enjoy it, does it?

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
The Moto X was my choice (and many tech reviewers seem to like it as well), but the majority of people seem to disagree with the notion that the Moto X is the best Android phone on the market. Poor sales numbers seem to point that out. But that's alright... as long as Motorola sells enough phones to go through with making a Moto X2, I'll be happy. My phone doesn't have to be the most-liked, or the most popular for me to enjoy it, does it?

Most of the people looking down up on moto x have'nt really used one as a daily driver to make up any unbiased opinion on it, they are mostly going by specs or stuck in bigger is better mind set ..

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Most of the people looking down up on moto x have'nt really used one as a daily driver to make up any unbiased opinion on it, they are mostly going by specs or stuck in bigger is better mind set ..

To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Having the power and volume buttons on the same side is a lil awkward for me but I guess it's not that bad. Other than that I've heard it's pretty smooth.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

bricky23

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
There is no one phone that is best for everyone. However I just put my nexus 5 for sale and am keeping my moto x. So it is best for me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It is definitely a sweet user experience. I really like the 4.4 update to make a great device even better.

Not sure why it has not sold as well...maybe we spent so much time over the years looking at specs that it will take some time for optimized to become the new hot feature...

Sent from my Moto X!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.

I will say, I have a GS4, a HTC One and a Moto X in the house and I don't see where the Moto X lacks any horsepower other than on paper. It wasn't a phone that drew my interest when it was announced, but in the last month I gained enough interest to try it and it's my phone of choice now.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Not sure why it has not sold as well...maybe we spent so much time over the years looking at specs that it will take some time for optimized to become the new hot feature...

Apple has been proving that for years, and I am glad that at least one Android mfr. is finally realizing it. I sold my 5s, and got the new Maxx because of it, and the Maxx is actually the fastest and smoothest phone that I have ever owned.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Apple has been proving that for years, and I am glad that at least one Android mfr. is finally realizing it. I sold my 5s, and got the new Maxx because of it, and the Maxx is actually the fastest and smoothest phone that I have ever owned.

True. Maybe Android OEM's thought processor muscle was the way to win against iOS. My Moto X has made me a believer in the X8 mobile computing system!

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The X will be my next phone hands down. I have been sticking with the Galaxy line for the SD card slot, but now that there's a workaround to this issue I'm going to the X. Moto build quality and their radios are top notch and with the minimal skin and quick updates, this is almost like the Nexus' half-brother.

It may not be the "best" phone but seems to be the best all-around for anyone but the most hardcore Android junkie.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The X will be my next phone hands down. I have been sticking with the Galaxy line for the SD card slot, but now that there's a workaround to this issue I'm going to the X. Moto build quality and their radios are top notch and with the minimal skin and quick updates, this is almost like the Nexus' half-brother.

It may not be the "best" phone but seems to be the best all-around for anyone but the most hardcore Android junkie.

What workaround to SD card issue?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Having the power and volume buttons on the same side is a lil awkward for me but I guess it's not that bad. Other than that I've heard it's pretty smooth.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

I like it better than Nexus Style. I have a little home-made dock for bedside, and when I put the GNex in there, I was constantly accidentally pressing the volume up and down.
The Moto X has both buttons available for me when setting landscape. why is there no official or even unofficial landscape dock?

As long as I'm complaining,
It takes a pretty super person to see an article they don't agree with on the front page of androidcentral.com and race to the forum where people will agree with it so they can **** in the thread.
Great job

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I will consider the Moto X or XX as my next phone. I bought a N5. I used the proceeds from selling my S3. I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a little while. The extra $130 some dollars for me to get a Moto X off contract isn't in my budget now. It certainly looks like a sweet phone. I hope they'll put in an IR blaster on the next model.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There is no one phone that is best for everyone.
This.

The Note 3 and the LG G2 have big, gorgeous screens. They also have a big profile that doesn't fit in my pockets, and is awkward for me to hold. Some people love them. I ruled them out early on.