gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

emBARK

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they have something on Moto Maker for us folks who have an upgrade available, but can't afford to drop $400ish on an off contract phone.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As someone who is at work and has all social networks blocked, I appriciate you posting a quote and not just the link to the post :-D

Also, awesome deal.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
As someone who is at work and has all social networks blocked, I appriciate you posting a quote and not just the link to the post :-D

Also, awesome deal.

You're welcome :)

Looks like moto wants to give the nexus 5 a little competition.

Posted via Android Central App

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm very tempting... I was going to burn an upgrade on one, but now this... And the Dev edition... If only development would pick up...

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
cool..... cant get better than this

Well...I don't know about that. It could get better if they let those of us who could only buy non-Moto Maker phones during the exclusivity period exchange ours for a Moto Maker version. Even for a fee, I'd be okay with that.

And they could finally release those wood backs.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Geez. I really wish they hadn't done this. I had made up my mind to get a N5 (even placed an order through Play) due to the price difference. Now that there is virtually no price difference (had to pay $20 tax for N5) I'm not sure what to do!!! My N5 hasn't shipped yet, so I can still cancel. The advantage to the N5 is the ability to jump from CDMA to GSM if needed, but I wonder if I'll actually need that.

dgravo

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to order one this afternoon. Just saved my design and I'll wait until Monday. This was great timing!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I know a few people that would love a 32GB Moto X Verizon Dev Edition since the Nexus 5 isn't an option for them.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Some extra info about the sale:

https://plus.google.com/114874428605785658638/posts/fkFtiVpXyHi

Received quite a few questions on the Cyber Monday promo. *Couple things to point out: 1) The T-Mobile variant through Moto Maker has an unlocked bootloader and is SIM unlocked (same as dev ed.), 2) deal starts at 8AM central time, 3) 0% financing for 12 mo. will be made available with the promo, 4) save your design to your account as well as an address and CC, it will allow you to stage everything and you can checkout super quick at 8AM. * #askdes * #motox *+Desmond Smith* #motomaker *

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Some extra info about the sale:

Thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions that maybe you guys can help me with:

1. My wife and I use or will be using Net10 AT&T LTE service. Would we have LTE service with the T-Mobile version of the Moto X?
2. How about LTE with the Verizon version?
3. Do these phones have carrier branded ROMs?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Its not just $400 for off-contract because you can also trade in your old motorola phone for $100 gift card. Those motorola admirals can be bought on eBay for 10-20 dollars.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Its not just $400 for off-contract because you can also trade in your old motorola phone for $100 gift card. Those motorola admirals can be bought on eBay for 10-20 dollars.

Yup. That's what i did.

And don't forget shoppers, create your motorola account now, complete your profile, put in your credit card even, so you can just get through everything with 3 clicks. ;). That's what i do when i know there's a limited sale. oh derp, i see someone already wrote that. lol.

And if you own a discover card, check if sign up is still available for 5% back on everything you buy online. ;). (Oct through Dec deal).

Last edited:

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Geez. I really wish they hadn't done this. I had made up my mind to get a N5 (even placed an order through Play) due to the price difference. Now that there is virtually no price difference (had to pay $20 tax for N5) I'm not sure what to do!!! My N5 hasn't shipped yet, so I can still cancel. The advantage to the N5 is the ability to jump from CDMA to GSM if needed, but I wonder if I'll actually need that.

Get The X!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude