Moto X cyber monday sale

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine errors and bootloops every time I try to update. Anyone have a link to the T-Mo factory images

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and in TX and I've got until 12/23 to decide if I want to keep it or return it. First full day of use, I was having issues as I was getting erratic and often very slow speeds on 4G LTE and I only got 15 hours of use before I had to put it on the charger. Went back down to the VZW store at lunch today and asked them to swap out the SIM and now it's doing quite a bit better. Faster speeds and battery life today on pace for 24 hour capacity, which is what it's rated at. I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.
yeah, the Droid Maxx is attractive for the battery, there is no disputing that.

But I love the Moto x's active notifications and the always listening/touchless controls are even better after today's update - the find my phone feature is wonderful for when I am late getting out the door and I can't find my phone (which happens at least once a week)! Also, the new updates are going to make me PIN lock my phone for sure. I have never done this before and now with the trusted bluetooth and voice pin unlock, I will do it.

I bought one of those cheap mycharge trek chargers from verizon so that will help me with any extra juice I need. They are under $14 and free standard shipping:

Charger myCharge Trek 2000 (2000 mAh)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm still tempted to return this one and pick up a Droid Maxx instead. The bigger screen and battery capacity is attractive to me. I'm coming from a Razr Maxx, so I'm used to not having any issues at all with battery life. But the nice size and comfortable shape of the Moto X and my customized Motomaker design is making it a tough decision.

Keep in mind that the Droids are not receiving the same level of support that the Moto X is receiving.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Droids are not receiving the same level of support that the Moto X is receiving.

The Droids have all of the same features as the Moto X like Active Notifications, Touchless Controls, Quick Capture Camera, X8 architecture, etc...plus a couple other things like wireless charging and Zap (which I doubt I would use). So by not receiving the same level of support as the Moto X, are you mainly referring to timeliness of OS updates? Think I read that SOAK test for KitKat started awhile back for the Droids and 4.4 is definitely coming, but hasn't been released yet.

Last edited:

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
The Droids have all of the same features as the Moto X like Active Notifications, Touchless Controls, Quick Capture Camera, X8 architecture, etc...plus a couple other things like wireless charging and Zap (which I doubt I would use). So by not receiving the same level of support as the Moto X, are you mainly referring to timeliness of OS updates? Think I read that SOAK test for KitKat started awhile back for the Droids and 4.4 is definitely coming, but hasn't been released yet.

Don't forget the extra bloat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I got two codes and only used one:

Here they are, I think the 1st one is the unused one:

H2DM-OE7W-62XL-ERND-R5S2
H2DM-PBAD-939L-AIEW-II4O

I have one more that I will post in a few, have to get it from my wife's email account

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Here is the last code I have and this is a good one:

H2DM-MKZB-MMNM-PE9X-CPEY

Happy Holidays!!!!! All of these are good until 12/16/13 11:59PM EST

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget the extra bloat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Yes. But since some of the recent updates in the Play store require Kit Kat...

- - - Updated - - -

Valid points and this Moto X is growing on me....alot. I've been at home most of today and mostly on wifi, but I'm currently on pace for 35 hours of battery capacity. If this keeps up, I think I'll probably be hanging onto this phone. I was just concerned because I only got 15 hours the first full day of ownership. But between swapping out the original SIM, a bit more wifi use today and the battery probably settling in, battery with that kind of capacity wouldn't be an issue and it would actually be longer life than my old Razr Maxx with the bigger capacity battery. I also switched from Dalvik to ART last night and some are saying that can increase battery life and phone performance. Any of you using ART and have any comments on your experiences you can share?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Valid points and this Moto X is growing on me....alot. I've been at home most of today and mostly on wifi, but I'm currently on pace for 35 hours of battery capacity. If this keeps up, I think I'll probably be hanging onto this phone. I was just concerned because I only got 15 hours the first full day of ownership. But between swapping out the original SIM, a bit more wifi use today and the battery probably settling in, battery with that kind of capacity wouldn't be an issue and it would actually be longer life than my old Razr Maxx with the bigger capacity battery. I also switched from Dalvik to ART last night and some are saying that can increase battery life and phone performance. Any of you using ART and have any comments on your experiences you can share?

How does swapping out the SIM card effect battery life?

35 hours is fantastic! I had 14 1/2 the first day with 23% left I was happy with that.

Sent via the X!

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
How does swapping out the SIM card effect battery life?

35 hours is fantastic! I had 14 1/2 the first day with 23% left I was happy with that.

Sent via the X!

Don't know for a fact that it did, just thought my improvement might have come from a combination of the factors I named. I figured if the new SIM made it so the phone wasn't struggling as much to get a good 4G LTE connection, maybe that was a contributing factor.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance