Typing woes after moving to Kit Kat

hjanweja

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Xperts,

Since I upgraded to Kit Kat, when I try to type using the phone keyboard, there is a slight lag and what I hate the most is, the screen/keyboard just zooms in (with a blue border) and I need to exit the app to restore it back to its normal size
Anyone seen something like this and any suggestions?

Thanks !

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the app data and cache on the keyboard you are using

Go to settings/apps/all then select the keyboard you use.. Clear app data and cache.

Posted via Android Central App

hjanweja

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Tried that, if i type slow or use the swiping feature dont see the issue. its when i type fast, but i never saw that earlier, im sure my typing speed has not changed after kitkat released :)

Try clearing the app data and cache on the keyboard you are using

Go to settings/apps/all then select the keyboard you use.. Clear app data and cache.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not just your phone mate. My phone has been doing that ever since the kit lat version of the keyboard was released. The lag is horrible, but I guess I gotta live with it. Time for a new phone!

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

hjanweja

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
sucks, not sure why something as basic as this was not fixed before pushing in such a major update
:(

It's not just your phone mate. My phone has been doing that ever since the kit lat version of the keyboard was released. The lag is horrible, but I guess I gotta live with it. Time for a new phone!

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Try setting your phone to ART in developer settings. It moves a bit faster on my nexus 4

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using kit Kat with google keyboard and there is no such lag.. I've had it before but a factory reset fixed the issue.

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Careful if you do a factory reset. It'll also wipe out your internal sdcard. Make sure you back it up first. I did a factory reset on my MotoX last week and all my pictures were deleted. It wasn't like my Galaxy Nexus, where a factory reset kept my internal sdcard intact.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze