Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Less than 15 minutes

10 13.33%
  • Between 15 minutes and 30 minutes

16 21.33%
  • Between 30 minutes and 1 hour

8 10.67%
  • Between 1 hour and 2 hours

11 14.67%
  • Between 2 hours and 4 hours

7 9.33%
  • More than 4 hours

23 30.67%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

I think the Moto X for $349 off-contract is a fantastic deal and it appears Motorola has generated a lot of interest by letting their customers know about the sale several days in advance.

The question for this thread is: How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

Will the Moto X sale be like a Google I/O sign-up with crashing servers and all of the tickets gone in 15 minutes or will Motorola keep the sale going all day long?

Take the poll, share your thoughts and bragging rights to the person who comes closest to the correct answer...

Default Re: How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

I'm very curious to know how many units they are willing to sell at this price.

Default Re: How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

I think the sale will be all day, probably until midnight (which timezone?).

The advice to choose your custom phone so it's ready for checkout on Monday is just to make sure the web site functions smoothly, I would bet.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,792 Global Posts

"Supplies will be limited"

I doubt it will last all day.

Posted via Android Central App
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (LRX21P, Lollipop 5.0)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Tom in Bristol likes this.

My guess is 45 mins, that includes lots of issues with their website.

(And posts for months afterwards re: either not getting one or ppl trying to deal with their cs)

XDCX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    "Supplies will be limited"

I doubt it will last all day.

They don't give an end time so usually sales are for the whole day after the start time. It's not like they're going to run out of phones.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    They don't give an end time so usually sales are for the whole day after the start time. It's not like they're going to run out of phones.

Wanna bet a nickel?
    jephanie likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    My guess is 45 mins, that includes lots of issues with their website.

(And posts for months afterwards re: either not getting one or ppl trying to deal with their cs)
    I agree on both counts - especially the part about people complaining that they missed the deal and trying to get help from Motorola.

I was somewhat suspicious that this might be a short-time offer when I read the "Supplies will be limited" verbiage from Motorola. My suspicions were heightened when I read that Motorola wasn't going to start the sale until 8:00 AM Central and then furthered when I read posts suggesting that people may want to pre-configure their devices so they could process their order quickly.

Who knows, the Moto X sale may last all day long - I've been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Bristol View Post
    Wanna bet a nickel?
    Sure! They may have to backorder some phones, and might not be shipped before Christmas ( although I doubt that), but I think the sale will last the whole day.

I think the "supplies limited" thing is to generate hype. I'm sure they have plenty. I don't think this device has sold very well, given the deep $150 discount. This might spark sales, but i don't know. I'm buying one because it's the closest thing I can get to a nexus on verizon, and I can customize it. Both are big wins to me. I think even if I can't get in on the deal, I'll still buy. Customizing a phone to my liking seems really cool.
    iPhone 6+ & Galaxy Note 4 user. Google Glass Explorer.
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadp1xel View Post
    I think the "supplies limited" thing is to generate hype. I'm sure they have plenty. I don't think this device has sold very well, given the deep $150 discount. This might spark sales, but i don't know. I'm buying one because it's the closest thing I can get to a nexus on verizon, and I can customize it. Both are big wins to me. I think even if I can't get in on the deal, I'll still buy. Customizing a phone to my liking seems really cool.
    yeah, you're probably right actually. They need to get this item into as many people's hands as possible. And they know the people who are watching this sale are the phone aficionados, so it's a perfect opportunity. I'm so amused that it's the same price as the nexus on monday. lol. I change my answer to 4 hours. lol. I think if they go past that it might make the moto look bad. Poor moto, so misunderstood.
    jephanie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    yeah, you're probably right actually. They need to get this item into as many people's hands as possible. And they know the people who are watching this sale are the phone aficionados, so it's a perfect opportunity. I'm so amused that it's the same price as the nexus on monday. lol. I change my answer to 4 hours. lol. I think if they go past that it might make the moto look bad. Poor moto, so misunderstood.
    Agree. I thing what hurt them was the moto maker exclusivity agreement between them and ATT. It was such a cool idea and then they screwed themselves. I would have bought one day one if I could have gotten a moto maker edition on verizon. But..ya.

It's hard to know how many units they're willing to sell at this price, but hopefully everyone that really Want this deal and are likely to keep the phone manage to snag it.

Verizon was willing to sell the LG G2 for 5 days on sale at $450 off-contract. That's only $50 more than the Cyber Monday 32gb Moto X (The G2 is 32gb.). I would've been pretty excited if Motorola announced $400/$450 and guaranteed it all day long. Of course I'll be even happier with their $350/$400 offer as long as I get my hands on one 32 gb!

Agree. I thing what hurt them was the moto maker exclusivity agreement between them and ATT. It was such a cool idea and then they screwed themselves. I would have bought one day one if I could have gotten a moto maker edition on verizon. But..ya.
    I agree I do think that it did hurt them. However, I don't think they gave AT&T an exclusivity deal only to gain revenue. I think they used it as an opportunity to scale up production and ramp up the ordering system to handle multiple carriers. I'm sure it takes some work to integrate with the carriers in selling on-contract phones in particular. All of this was new (the customization and handling sales through their website.)

Still if they really felt like moto maker was ready to go live for all carriers up front, they could've helped themselves by offering a stock 32gb variant and by starting $50 cheaper than they did.

I Don't believe it'd going to sell out that quickly. 95% of people don't even know what a "off contract" phone is. They look at this deal and will think its a rip off

Thanked by 2:
    dmark44 and 21stNow like this.

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

I'm guessing probably like 13 minutes and 47 seconds. Give me +/- 18.4 seconds and we'll call it a bet.

This forum is weird.
    Thanked by:
    Ry, tgp, tonymhoffman and 1 others like this.

I don't think it's going to sell out too quickly. I also don't think they're really going to sell a shocking amount of them. Sure, they'll sell decently to people like us, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers of people who only buy phones on contract and don't know or care about this deal. Remember, not everyone knows or understands the benefit of buying off contract.
    Thanked by 2:
    mrsmumbles likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dmark44 View Post
    I agree I do think that it did hurt them. However, I don't think they gave AT&T an exclusivity deal only to gain revenue. I think they used it as an opportunity to scale up production and ramp up the ordering system to handle multiple carriers. I'm sure it takes some work to integrate with the carriers in selling on-contract phones in particular. All of this was new (the customization and handling sales through their website.)

Still if they really felt like moto maker was ready to go live for all carriers up front, they could've helped themselves by offering a stock 32gb variant and by starting $50 cheaper than they did.

Again I completely agree. I'm sure you're right. All of those options on so man carriers can't be cheap. Just sad they didn't have a better launch. Seems like a great phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I don't think it's going to sell out too quickly. I also don't think they're really going to sell a shocking amount of them. Sure, they'll sell decently to people like us, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers of people who only buy phones on contract and don't know or care about this deal. Remember, not everyone knows or understands the benefit of buying off contract.
    That and how many know about this deal? If I didn't know about AC and frequent it, I wouldn't have known.

ROM
    Stock

What are you all talking about?

"Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Again I completely agree. I'm sure you're right. All of those options on so man carriers can't be cheap. Just sad they didn't have a better launch. Seems like a great phone.
    Honestly, I don't think they were really expecting much in terms of sales. I know everyone thinks of success in terms of Samsung or Apple numbers--and a phone that doesn't achieve those levels is a flop--but there's no way in hell that was going to happen with the Moto X, and I'm sure Motorola knew that going in. Everyone knows Motorola really has to reestablish itself in terms of awareness and brand recognition--this isn't the same world anymore in which they had success with the original RAZR. This is not a secret, least of all to Motorola. The market, the players, and the consumers have changed dramatically. It took years for Samsung to reach the level of sales they have now. People should give Motorola the same chance.

That and how many know about this deal? If I didn't know about AC and frequent it, I wouldn't have known.
    It's been posted on all the tech sites so the population will be pretty decent. Of course, the general population of people who only frequent CNN or some other nimrod news site won't ever see it. But The Verge, CNet, and all the Android sites...it's definitely been publicized.

Decided to get my dad a moto x. Att contract for $0.01 at amazon.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

think it will last whole day, and dont think they will sell many few thousand units probably ..dont think they will even run out of stock ..loads of people dont want to pay 350$ upfront for off contract phone when they can get phones for 1cent on a contract ..
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat_567 View Post
    think it will last whole day, and dont think they will sell many few thousand units probably ..dont think they will even run out of stock ..loads of people dont want to pay 350$ upfront for off contract phone when they can get phones for 1cent on a contract ..
    Pretty much what I'm thinking.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast