Meenova

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
weird, i searched for it, and it was an auto-complete and popped right up. Maybe it is a carrier thing. I am on Sprint.

I found it finally by searching my apps where it still didn't turn up the first couple times I looked. I'm wondering if this is because this phone has onboard SD? But that doesn't make sense. And it's running 4.1.4 or such. Anyway over 4.1 which is required so I don't see the problem.

And now the screenshot it missing. It said "not compatible with your version" or such.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Does this only work on a rooted phone? And can some do a step-by-step for us non-techy people? Thanks!

Step by step (let me know what I'm skipping):

Put your card in the Meenova reader with the metal piece pointed downward and the printed side facing up. Push till you feel it click just slightly.

Plug it into the USB port.

Use a file manager to access the files on the card. I use ES File Explorer.

Tap on any files you'd like to play and choose the player, just as you would with folders on the phone.

Enjoy your files on the card.
------

To write to the card (copy files onto it, freeing space on the phone):

You'll need something like Nexus Media Importer.

Tap the menu button on the top right

In Preferences, check the box for "write" to the card.

That's it. You'll just select the files to copy (by exploring in the top pane), and then tap the arrow on the top right of the pane and select copy, and the file will copy. The Meenova will blink blue while copying rather than the solid blue light.

After a file is copied it appears in the bottom pane.

When you're done with the card, tap the top right Menu button in Nexus Media Importer and tap Disconnect.

And that's it. :D Let me know what I skipped.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, also back up important data in computer, not just card. Also back up smaller files to a cloud service.

If you get a 64 gig card, it has to be formatted to FAT32 before use with a Nexus 5.

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Sorry this took so long, but things have been a bit hectic since I sobered up from New Year's....

I purchased the Nexus Media app from the Play Store and a $2.00 or so OTG multi-card reader (mini, SD & USB). Plugged them all into my phone with my 32-gig miniSD from my Atrix HD and was able to transfer all my books from Kob0 and ringtones from Zedge right onto my Moto X. No problems with the import/export process at all. Thanks for the help!

The only issue I have is that my downloaded ringtones will play on my media player but I can't figure out how to get them to work as actual ringtones or notifications. I also can't get any of my downloaded music tracks to work as ringtones either. Is this a Moto X issue or user error (again....sigh) on my part?

Last edited:

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I am going to try and use my 1 terabyte external memory to see if I can get it to work with an external battery hooked up for the extra juice needed to power it that the Moto X won't provide.

It's not very practical, but would be cool for watching movies on the phone while traveling if I can get it to work.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am going to try and use my 1 terabyte external memory to see if I can get it to work with an external battery hooked up for the extra juice needed to power it that the Moto X won't provide.

It's not very practical, but would be cool for watching movies on the phone while traveling if I can get it to work.

Why not just watch movies from the card reader or a little USB drive? A big HDD seems kind of overkill. About the ringtones, they have to be dropped or written into the right folder, unsure what the procedure is. It's not straightforward I gather, from other users' problems.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a couple 64-gig thumb drives, but a movie is anywhere from 4-8 gigs (depending on a lot of factors, as you probably already are aware) so I can only get 8-12 movies on one. I would just like to be able to choose from any of my 50-60 movies I have at this point. I am also thinking of putting the 10-12 TV Series I have on another drive to have available. The process is not hard, but with a series, will be a bit more time consuming. Overkill is probably a good term for it....

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry this took so long, but things have been a bit hectic since I sobered up from New Year's....

I purchased the Nexus Media app from the Play Store and a $2.00 or so OTG multi-card reader (mini, SD & USB). Plugged them all into my phone with my 32-gig miniSD from my Atrix HD and was able to transfer all my books from Kob0 and ringtones from Zedge right onto my Moto X. No problems with the import/export process at all. Thanks for the help!

The only issue I have is that my downloaded ringtones will play on my media player but I can't figure out how to get them to work as actual ringtones or notifications. I also can't get any of my downloaded music tracks to work as ringtones either. Is this a Moto X issue or user error (again....sigh) on my part?

You need to create a folder called notifications in sdcard0 and put files you want to use for notifications there and another folder called ringtones for the ringtones. Usually the folders are already on the device. They'll automatically show up a choice in the selector. If your using the Zedge app you won't need the folders.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You need to create a folder called notifications in sdcard0 and put files you want to use for notifications there and another folder called ringtones for the ringtones. Usually the folders are already on the device. They'll automatically show up a choice in the selector. If your using the Zedge app you won't need the folders.

Posted via Android Central App

Can this be done (creating folders) unrooted?

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

Roger Gibbens

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
I did this last night. I just moved the files from "Downloads" to the already existing "Ringtones" folder and they work just fine. I did not have to create a new file.

Thanks for the help! I also moved song files into the folder and they worked as well.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I did this last night. I just moved the files from "Downloads" to the already existing "Ringtones" folder and they work just fine. I did not have to create a new file.

Thanks for the help! I also moved song files into the folder and they worked as well.

Thanks, this is good to know for my own future reference. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary