Droid Docks work with Moto X?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The title says it all, basically will the docks (in particular the car dock) made for the Verizon Droids work with the Moto X? I can't find the Moto X docks anywhere but it looks like the navigation dock for Droids is still available on the Motorola website.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Remember that this phone has NFC, so actually the possibilities are endless... You can create a custom car dock with NFC tags...
For your question, I m not sure if you are asking about the dock itself, or if the moto x will detect a dock... The second part is easy, just pass a magnet on the back of the phone...
But maybe I got your question wrong...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Lincoln

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
In the same boat. I assume since it's different models for the maxx/ultra, mini and the X that they'll be required to change. I have the vehicle dock for the mini and I wouldn't go a day without it.

I contacted Motorola and got this.
I was able to check here and we have no information yet as to when it will replenish but we have received reports that it will be available within this week. You may try contacting us back first thing on Monday. You may reached our Sales Team at 1-866-289-6686 MON-FRI 8AM-7PM CST.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
if your posting on this site, most likely you will be getting a new cell phone within 1-2 years.. why not just purchase a universal cell dock... less stuff to own... one size fits all.. know what i mean..

I still have my original 09' motorola droid dock.... what in the heck am i going to do with it??? think about a universal dock.... might make your life easier, and save a couple of bucks in the long run.:) future proof if you ask me.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
The title says it all, basically will the docks (in particular the car dock) made for the Verizon Droids work with the Moto X? I can't find the Moto X docks anywhere but it looks like the navigation dock for Droids is still available on the Motorola website.

i think there were a lot of manufacturing defects with the griffin dock.. either discontinued or will be redesigned... you might be waiting a while...

this review is non biased and points out some major flaws - Moto X Car Dock Review - YouTube

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
if your posting on this site, most likely you will be getting a new cell phone within 1-2 years.. why not just purchase a universal cell dock... less stuff to own... one size fits all.. know what i mean..

I still have my original 09' motorola droid dock.... what in the heck am i going to do with it??? think about a universal dock.... might make your life easier, and save a couple of bucks in the long run.:) future proof if you ask me.

Do universal docks function the same as the Griffin docks would? Basically the function is to just automatically put the phone in car mode, right? It looks like I can just put a magnet on the dock according to a post above.

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
a universal dock is a vanilla car dock with no magnets. it is designed to hold any cellphone in the market. per moto x i do not know if a magnet activates it into car mode or nfc does the trick.

get a magnet and see if that would activate the moto x. if so - it's d.i.y. time.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Won't work. Tried in the Verizon store yesterday. The Maxx/Ultra dock is to large and the Mini dock is a touch too small and the cutouts for things are in the wrong place. Griffin posted a tweet that they would be out again in the next month. You can sign up to be notified on their website.

I think the X works like my wifes Maxx. No magnets to turn on car mode but a special usb cable. You can test it. If you can find one of those folding Moto desktop docks it comes with a cable that will activate dock mode and ask you if you want desktop or car the first time its plugged in. They started doing it that way on the original Razr line. My guess is the usb port built into the dock does the same thing.

Personally I use this dock https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ource=vb_ac&utm_medium=content&token=9itC70Y9 with and nfc tag to enable car mode on all my phones. Got sick of changing docks and honestly this just looks better when the phone is out. Much smaller.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12