Griffin dock

JFS83

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
So what is the deal with car dock? Are a half million people using universal docks? Why is is so hard to have one dock in stock for a Moto product? Does this dock even support a power source? I have had the X one week and miss my Droid X already. I am looking for a car dock that has a charger option and allows quick connect disconnect and that really "recognizes that I am docked" like the Droid X did by launching my driving dashboard. Any suggestions. Not sure why Moto or Griffin would not be a traditional cyber store and allow backoders to be accepted and fulfill as stock comes in.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I hope they continue to offer them and get them in stock in the near future. Though the desk dock is most important to me, I'd really like to get the car dock too. I've been making sure docks are available for any phone I've thought of buying.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I liked about Motorola's Droid line-up is they always seemed to make sure they had a few official accessories like these made for their phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So what is the deal with car dock? Are a half million people using universal docks? Why is is so hard to have one dock in stock for a Moto product? Does this dock even support a power source? I have had the X one week and miss my Droid X already. I am looking for a car dock that has a charger option and allows quick connect disconnect and that really "recognizes that I am docked" like the Droid X did by launching my driving dashboard. Any suggestions. Not sure why Moto or Griffin would not be a traditional cyber store and allow backoders to be accepted and fulfill as stock comes in.
I feel you on this one, though I do not currently have the moto x I am getting one for my wife for christmas and I cannot for the life of me understand what moto and griffin are doing with this. Yes it does actually recognize you are docked and puts phone in car mode with the assist app and it has a power source, though you have to provide your own car charger. From the little reviews I saw from tech sites it seems great, so I dont know why they dont want to sell it. And no other sites besides motorola and griffin (well used to be griffin but now even their not selling them) have it for sale

Dave N

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
The Griffin car dock has been discontinued. I had one and it broke, so I sent it back for a replacement and was told they were discontinued and offered a store credit.

Posted via Android Central App

Anthony_NE

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
The Griffin car dock has been discontinued. I had one and it broke, so I sent it back for a replacement and was told they were discontinued and offered a store credit.

That's a bummer. I have one and it's definitely awesome.

Posted via Moto X

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I have it. Willing to sell it.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

In case I ever find one in stock...... somewhere..... how much mate / unmate force does it take to insert and remove the phone? Do you have to hold the base to remove the phone or can you just lift the phone off the base with one hand?

Paul

Dave N

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely a two handed mount and dismount. Sometimes you have to give it an extra push to get it into car mode. I've had other Motorola made car docks in the past and it seems like Motorola could do a better job than Griffin if they would make one.
My USB connector fell off the dock which was the reason I had to send it back.

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
It's definitely a two handed mount and dismount. Sometimes you have to give it an extra push to get it into car mode. I've had other Motorola made car docks in the past and it seems like Motorola could do a better job than Griffin if they would make one.
My USB connector fell off the dock which was the reason I had to send it back.

I was actually interested in the desktop dock but I would imagine they both probably use the same connector construction? The USB connector in my Atrix 4G charge dock was made such that the phone easily mated and unmated with no need to support the dock in either direction. It was also 100% reliable.

So if I can't mate and unmate one handed, there doesn't seem to be much advantage to using the dock vs. just using a USB cord.

Paul

DJBigBenVA

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
te7evazy.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member