Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JFS83
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Griffin dock

Does anyone actually have this? It seems its been sold out since launch. I really want one :-(

Navigation Dock for Moto X by Griffin at Motorola - A Google Company

Default Re: Griffin dock

I have it. Willing to sell it.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:

Willing to buy! PM me details

I hesitated to purchase it when Motorola still had them in stock because it was over $10 for standard shipping, and I've been watching for them to be back in stock since
    Today, Griffin seems to have removed their product page for it:
    http://store.griffintechnology.com/m...ock-for-moto-x

So what is the deal with car dock? Are a half million people using universal docks? Why is is so hard to have one dock in stock for a Moto product? Does this dock even support a power source? I have had the X one week and miss my Droid X already. I am looking for a car dock that has a charger option and allows quick connect disconnect and that really "recognizes that I am docked" like the Droid X did by launching my driving dashboard. Any suggestions. Not sure why Moto or Griffin would not be a traditional cyber store and allow backoders to be accepted and fulfill as stock comes in.
    dmark44 likes this.

I hope they continue to offer them and get them in stock in the near future. Though the desk dock is most important to me, I'd really like to get the car dock too. I've been making sure docks are available for any phone I've thought of buying.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

The one thing I liked about Motorola's Droid line-up is they always seemed to make sure they had a few official accessories like these made for their phones.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by JFS83 View Post
    So what is the deal with car dock? Are a half million people using universal docks? Why is is so hard to have one dock in stock for a Moto product? Does this dock even support a power source? I have had the X one week and miss my Droid X already. I am looking for a car dock that has a charger option and allows quick connect disconnect and that really "recognizes that I am docked" like the Droid X did by launching my driving dashboard. Any suggestions. Not sure why Moto or Griffin would not be a traditional cyber store and allow backoders to be accepted and fulfill as stock comes in.
    I feel you on this one, though I do not currently have the moto x I am getting one for my wife for christmas and I cannot for the life of me understand what moto and griffin are doing with this. Yes it does actually recognize you are docked and puts phone in car mode with the assist app and it has a power source, though you have to provide your own car charger. From the little reviews I saw from tech sites it seems great, so I dont know why they dont want to sell it. And no other sites besides motorola and griffin (well used to be griffin but now even their not selling them) have it for sale

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I'm also trying to get my hands on a Nav dock with no luck. Please post of you find them in stock somewhere.
    -Corey

The Griffin car dock has been discontinued. I had one and it broke, so I sent it back for a replacement and was told they were discontinued and offered a store credit.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    asdrew 

Quote Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
    The Griffin car dock has been discontinued. I had one and it broke, so I sent it back for a replacement and was told they were discontinued and offered a store credit.

That's a bummer. I have one and it's definitely awesome.

Posted via Moto X

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    I have it. Willing to sell it.

In case I ever find one in stock...... somewhere..... how much mate / unmate force does it take to insert and remove the phone? Do you have to hold the base to remove the phone or can you just lift the phone off the base with one hand?

Paul

It's definitely a two handed mount and dismount. Sometimes you have to give it an extra push to get it into car mode. I've had other Motorola made car docks in the past and it seems like Motorola could do a better job than Griffin if they would make one.
    My USB connector fell off the dock which was the reason I had to send it back.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave N View Post
    It's definitely a two handed mount and dismount. Sometimes you have to give it an extra push to get it into car mode. I've had other Motorola made car docks in the past and it seems like Motorola could do a better job than Griffin if they would make one.
    My USB connector fell off the dock which was the reason I had to send it back.

I was actually interested in the desktop dock but I would imagine they both probably use the same connector construction? The USB connector in my Atrix 4G charge dock was made such that the phone easily mated and unmated with no need to support the dock in either direction. It was also 100% reliable.

So if I can't mate and unmate one handed, there doesn't seem to be much advantage to using the dock vs. just using a USB cord.

Paul

I may try this universal one, I think it's made in USA. Has anyone had experience with these?
    Griffin dock-ram-dock-rap-b-166-2-un7u.jpg
    RAM Composite Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount with Universal X-Grip® Cell Phone Holder

Are they sold out of desk dock too?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

ROM
    CM9 RC1

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ROM
    CM9 RC1

This is good news.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBigBenVA View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/04/te7evazy.jpg

Interesting, they told me yesterday that it was all discontinued. In fact, it was removed from their site shortly after I talked to them.

Maybe the original one was discontinued, maybe a new style dock is being released or a enhanced version of the first one?

Global Posts
    28 Global Posts

I have the Motorola vehicle dock for my Atrix 2 and it has a cable that splits off next to the USB charging plug that is a stereo jack for plugging into the auxiliary input of my car audio. Anybody know if the Griffin dock supports this cable?

Quote Originally Posted by gcnts View Post
    I have the Motorola vehicle dock for my Atrix 2 and it has a cable that splits off next to the USB charging plug that is a stereo jack for plugging into the auxiliary input of my car audio. Anybody know if the Griffin dock supports this cable?

No it doesn't. It has an access areas for cable at top of phone. The only jack on the back is microUSB

24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Wow. I wonder why they have been discontinued... Now Im wondering will the standard droid car docks work
    Navigation Dock for 2013 Droids by Griffin

I hope they are doing a redesign because I like the fact that the usb cord can plug into the back

No they won't. Tried in store. Maxx dock is to big. Mini dock is to small. Apparently the X one was just right