sim card question

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to purchase an off contract Verizon moto x off of the moto maker website. I know it will come with a pre installed sim but I would prefer to use my current nano sim. Am I required to activate the new sim or can I use my current sim?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to activate with your current SIM easily via myverizon.com, but if there are any issues a quick call to customer service can get it set up correctly for you.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I am planning to purchase an off contract Verizon moto x off of the moto maker website. I know it will come with a pre installed sim but I would prefer to use my current nano sim. Am I required to activate the new sim or can I use my current sim?

just take the current sim out and pop yours in. There is no need to contact verizon or do anything. I assume you have an iphone since you are using a nano sim? It will work and verizon will probably still think you have an iphone.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just use your old sim. My Verizon should update itself to the new phone automatically in about 15 minutes which is important if your carrying the insurance from Verizon. It only covers the phone that is showing as active on the account. If you are coming from Iphone make sure you turn off Imessages before the switch or your abilty to receive texts will be compromised.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae