Moto X - Widgets not working right

bmstew

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, my wife just got a Verizon Moto X, she loves the phone and it's working great, except for one thing. When she adds certain widgets, such as a Fancy Widgets clock or a Business Calendar month view, the widget shows up, but it's "blank", as in the outline is there, but there's no actual content in it (so for the calendar, the box shows up, but there's no days in the calendar; it's just a big square). I've tried clearing cache for those apps, uninstalling and reinstalling those apps, but nothing's worked. Could it be that these apps just aren't optimized for Kitkat yet? Anybody experience anything similar? Thanks in advance for the help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my wife just got a Verizon Moto X, she loves the phone and it's working great, except for one thing. When she adds certain widgets, such as a Fancy Widgets clock or a Business Calendar month view, the widget shows up, but it's "blank", as in the outline is there, but there's no actual content in it (so for the calendar, the box shows up, but there's no days in the calendar; it's just a big square). I've tried clearing cache for those apps, uninstalling and reinstalling those apps, but nothing's worked. Could it be that these apps just aren't optimized for Kitkat yet? Anybody experience anything similar? Thanks in advance for the help.

You probably hit the nail on the head. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a fix for some of these soon.