Moto X - future price drops?

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
What is the likelihood that the Moto X will again drop in price to what the current Cyber Monday rate is in the new year? How long before we see a permanent price drop of the device in general? I'm on the fence about taking advantage of the Cyber Monday deal as I'm not really in need of an upgrade just yet and I don't want to spend the money now if holding off three to six months will result in the same cost. I assume there will be a successor to the Moto X at some point, so I'm wondering how they will go about phasing out the current model? For the record, I'm not the type that necessarily needs the latest and greatest.

Anyone else in the same boat...?
:-\

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not in the same boat but I would assume if any price drop would happen, it would be spring at the earliest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't be all that surprised if we see the same kind of fire sale that happened with the Nexus 4 before the launch of the Nexus 5. I think the prices would be the same as we are seeing with the current Cyber Monday promo.

What will be interesting is how this plays out next year. If a next generation X is released in August a lot of prospective buyers would be tempted to hold off to Cyber Monday.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well the price is whats driving cyber Monday. If everyone is buying off contract then I would think there will be people willing to use their upgrade for the next X

jdbii

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Well the price is whats driving cyber Monday. If everyone is buying off contract then I would think there will be people willing to use their upgrade for the next X

True, I didn't think of that. Nonetheless, they probably won't sell many Developer Editions before Cyber Monday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member