Got my Moto X Dev edition today... came from the Nexus 5

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Too bad they don't use the same SIM or I'd be switching back and forth. Looks like I'll be staying on the MotoX for a while.

This adaptor should let you switch back and forth pretty seamlessly. According to another one of the members here on the forum it works like a charm for the Nexus 5. Mine is due to arrive any day now.

http://microsim-shop.com/

Posted via Android Central App

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Got my Dev Edition today as well. Am loving the form factor over my N5. Screen is not as sharp but is plenty good enough. I LOVE active notifications. Too bad they don't use the same SIM or I'd be switching back and forth. Looks like I'll be staying on the MotoX for a while.

I too had to install all my apps manually. When I went from Nexus 4 to the Nexus 5, it all reinstalled automatically. Weird.

This adaptor should let you switch back and forth pretty seamlessly. According to another one of the members here on the forum it works like a charm for the Nexus 5. Mine is due to arrive any day now.

MicroSim Adapter 3FF mini-UICC Shop

Adapters are great. Just get a nano Sim and then you can switch at will.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI, be careful because the adaptor tray can catch on the Sim pins and become stuck, voiding the warranty: ( I cut a nano Sim out of an old micro (with a Sim cutter from eBay) and then used the cutout with my new nano Sim. I had to use a razor to clean up edges of cutout and then used clear packing tape and razor to make it clean and secure inside cutout. Give it plenty of room or the nano will not have a nice connection to pins in the phone that uses the micro.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
FYI, be careful because the adaptor tray can catch on the Sim pins and become stuck, voiding the warranty

This is good advice. In the case of the adaptor I linked to, it supposedly is a perfect fit for the N5 (again, according to what I was told by the other person here on AC who claims to have used it). Hopefully it pans out that way, cause I'd really like to be able to swap between the two without too much fuss.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
This is good advice. In the case of the adaptor I linked to, it supposedly is a perfect fit for the N5 (again, according to what I was told by the other person here on AC who claims to have used it). Hopefully it pans out that way, cause I'd really like to be able to swap between the two without too much fuss.

I have this adapter to switch between my Moto X and Nexus 5. I also have a Noosy which I ordered from Amazon which honestly works just as well. In fact, my Noosy is in my Nexus 5 at this moment.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
FYI, be careful because the adaptor tray can catch on the Sim pins and become stuck, voiding the warranty: ( I cut a nano Sim out of an old micro (with a Sim cutter from eBay) and then used the cutout with my new nano Sim. I had to use a razor to clean up edges of cutout and then used clear packing tape and razor to make it clean and secure inside cutout. Give it plenty of room or the nano will not have a nice connection to pins in the phone that uses the micro.

I think the big issue with getting stuck is phones without an actual sim tray. For example the gnex and Samsung phones.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I ruined my skyrocket this way. Bent the pin and no longer detect the sim.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got an adapter stuck in my first nexus. All of my recent phones have had the tray and I have had zero issues.

Another update on the moto: is it smooth, yes. There are a lot of areas where is it noticeably slower than the nexus though. Most noticeable to me is viewing photos on google+ using the new photo app.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I got an adapter stuck in my first nexus. All of my recent phones have had the tray and I have had zero issues.

Another update on the moto: is it smooth, yes. There are a lot of areas where is it noticeably slower than the nexus though. Most noticeable to me is viewing photos on google+ using the new photo app.
Getting mine today hopefully, very excited to try it out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon