FitBit Zip + Kitkat

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am in beta for FitBit syncing with Nexus, which on my N7 is doing fine. I just got KitKat updated on my X and I can sync with it also, yay :)

Just an FYI for those with FitBit.

:cool:

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I do have my Fitbit Flex syncing with my Moto X. In order to get it to work I did have to use a modified fitbit app that was posted on XDA.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am the "beta", but it linked to the play store app. So that is the one I am using. I do not guarantee, as the beta is suppose to before Nexus 5/7, but so far its working on my Moto X.

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just tried to sign up for the test. Fingers crossed that I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Thanks. It looks like they somehow might be re-directing those who are registered/accepted for the beta to a different installer, since when I use that link it is the "public" version, which it says I already have installed.

And to sign up for the beta, you need Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), or Nexus 5, or at least the info from one of them to fill out the required information sections on the sign up form.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My zip will not work as trusted bluetooth only Syncing. Not sure when it will be out of beta.

Posted via Android Central App

steveg2112

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My zip will not work as trusted bluetooth only Syncing. Not sure when it will be out of beta.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the update. Really hoping that one of the many fitness trackers now on market might work as a trusted BT device

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Just got a fitbit as a gift. Good to know it will sync with my moto x and nexus 5. Still not sure I want to use it yet.

phippsy84

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Just got my invite to test it. Working on my Moto X like a champ. This is the beta I'm talking about.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Is it movement? I feel like I sleep well but tend to move around a lot.
No Idea. I don't understand how it works. For example, the other day while working from home, I went up and down the stairs (to the kitchen, put some wash in the dryer, back up to my home office), yet it only registered 3 flights of steps.

Yesterday, it said I did over 11,054 steps, but I'm not sure when/how, and climbed 15 flights, and did a total of 5.29 miles. Again, not sure when/how. I'm not sure if going out to deal with the snow had anything to do with it? but i still don't know how I could have racked up those numbers even with the snow clean up.

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
1.8.4 was released to the playstore. It works with my X (kit kat). And doesn't have the message about problems sync'ing with this version of android. background sync is off by default.