Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Vaas
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

Default FitBit Zip + Kitkat

I am in beta for FitBit syncing with Nexus, which on my N7 is doing fine. I just got KitKat updated on my X and I can sync with it also, yay

Just an FYI for those with FitBit.

tender likes this.

Default Re: FitBit Zip + Kitkat

Quote Originally Posted by Vaas View Post
    I am in beta for FitBit syncing with Nexus, which on my N7 is doing fine. I just got KitKat updated on my X and I can sync with it also, yay

Just an FYI for those with FitBit.

How did you get the beta onto the X? I see from Fitbit's beta signup page that it's for the Nexus line only https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZVj...vqxmA/viewform

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

I do have my Fitbit Flex syncing with my Moto X. In order to get it to work I did have to use a modified fitbit app that was posted on XDA.

Quote Originally Posted by grooks View Post
    I do have my Fitbit Flex syncing with my Moto X. In order to get it to work I did have to use a modified fitbit app that was posted on XDA.
    I've been using that too.

Vaas, would love to know what version it is you've got?
    My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

So what you are saying is that the regular fitbit app (the link that your provided) works with the Moto X?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

I am the "beta", but it linked to the play store app. So that is the one I am using. I do not guarantee, as the beta is suppose to before Nexus 5/7, but so far its working on my Moto X.

Will this also work as a trusted bluetooth device or is the connection only made when syncing?

Global Posts
    26 Global Posts

I also want to know.........Will this also work as a trusted bluetooth device or is the connection only made when syncing?

Just tried to sign up for the test. Fingers crossed that I get it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks. It looks like they somehow might be re-directing those who are registered/accepted for the beta to a different installer, since when I use that link it is the "public" version, which it says I already have installed.

And to sign up for the beta, you need Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), or Nexus 5, or at least the info from one of them to fill out the required information sections on the sign up form.
    My Moto X tips and info

Currently using Verizon Moto X Developer Edition on my personal line.. But I have too many devices to choose from for work and personal... For the full list click -> HERE <-

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts

My zip will not work as trusted bluetooth only Syncing. Not sure when it will be out of beta.

Posted via Android Central App

My zip will not work as trusted bluetooth only Syncing. Not sure when it will be out of beta.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanks for the update. Really hoping that one of the many fitness trackers now on market might work as a trusted BT device

Just got a fitbit as a gift. Good to know it will sync with my moto x and nexus 5. Still not sure I want to use it yet.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Just got a fitbit as a gift. Good to know it will sync with my moto x and nexus 5. Still not sure I want to use it yet.
    My wife made me get mine... Not sure how accurate it is, but at least it tells me that I'm a crappy sleeper.. (based on wake, restless and sleep times)
    My Moto X tips and info

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture View Post
    My wife made me get mine... Not sure how accurate it is, but at least it tells me that I'm a crappy sleeper.. (based on wake, restless and sleep times)
    Is it movement? I feel like I sleep well but tend to move around a lot.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

Girlfriend is convinced I get more sleep than the fitbit shows primarily due to how much I move around while sleeping.

Sent from my Moto X
    Thanked by:

Just got my invite to test it. Working on my Moto X like a champ. This is the beta I'm talking about.

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

No Idea. I don't understand how it works. For example, the other day while working from home, I went up and down the stairs (to the kitchen, put some wash in the dryer, back up to my home office), yet it only registered 3 flights of steps.

Yesterday, it said I did over 11,054 steps, but I'm not sure when/how, and climbed 15 flights, and did a total of 5.29 miles. Again, not sure when/how. I'm not sure if going out to deal with the snow had anything to do with it? but i still don't know how I could have racked up those numbers even with the snow clean up.
    My Moto X tips and info

1.8.4 was released to the playstore. It works with my X (kit kat). And doesn't have the message about problems sync'ing with this version of android. background sync is off by default.
    My Moto X tips and info