Always listening is hyperactive??

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
"How can I help" and "Hello there," sure seem to be popping up a lot sans request from me. I understand that ambient noise can trigger it, but I'm in a relatively quiet corner of a cafe and it has become active on its own 10+ times in the last 10 minutes. Just some music in the background, no one even sitting near me. Just wondering if this is normal?

Posted via Android Central App

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I had that happen to me when I first set it up. Just did a retrain of the launch command and it stopped.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound normal at all. I've yet to have it get triggered unintentionally, but it's only been a few weeks.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
"How can I help" and "Hello there," sure seem to be popping up a lot sans request from me. I understand that ambient noise can trigger it, but I'm in a relatively quiet corner of a cafe and it has become active on its own 10+ times in the last 10 minutes. Just some music in the background, no one even sitting near me. Just wondering if this is normal?

Posted via Android Central App

Try re-training it and make sure you're in a dead quiet room when you do it.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. I'll do a retrain, though I was in a quiet room when I first attended to this step. Argh...happened again while typing this, lol...it chokes off whatever task you're in the middle of, so, yeah, a trifle annoying.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Retrain it...
It is not normal, although it tends to activate by itself...
I've disabled mine for that exact reason, and only activate it when I know I'm going to need it, or even might need it

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've disabled mine for that exact reason, and only activate it when I know I'm going to need it, or even might need it

Yeah I'm really hoping the retraining does the trick, because this thing seems to have been on crack all day...it's lighting up every minute or two practically. And the notion of having to disable/enable when I anticipate needing it seems to defeat the purpose of "always listening" and hands free activation. If I have to go through a step or two first, then this phone becomes no more special than any other phone that has google now with regard to voice features. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the occasional "hello there" false positive is a big deal (it isn't), but I've lost count of how many times its woken up on its own today, and that seems very odd.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I may not have been clear enough before...
I had an occasional false trigger in the past, but nothing as severe as yours...
I mean, it triggered while driving listening to radio, during dinner with high ambient noise (chatter), and also in the mall (also chatter)...
But the count didn't reach even 10 times, but I decided to disable it...
Besides, battery life has improved a little bit...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon