Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Driving Mode Not Working...

Hi Guys,

Just got a Moto X last week (was an iPhone user) and I have the driving mode activated to read my texts and announce who's calling, but so far it hasn't done either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Moto X Driving Mode Not Working...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hodde View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just got a Moto X last week (was an iPhone user) and I have the driving mode activated to read my texts and announce who's calling, but so far it hasn't done either. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Are you paired with bluetooth in your car? It could be that you are not on the bluetooth input so you are not hearing it. I know calls will still come through but you may have to change a setting in your bluetooth options.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the reply...I don't have bluetooth in my car, and I just checked and I don't even have bluetooth enabled on my phone...I saw another post that suggested emptying the cache in the app....I've tried that, and will test it out the next time I go driving - but if anyone else has any other suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat. No Bluetooth in car. Even with driving assist enabled and auto reply texts and texts to be read aloud, nothing happened when I got texted last night while driving.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Just found this post, I'm going to try it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3274348

Maybe you don't drive fast enough

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarkHirt View Post
    Maybe you don't drive fast enough
    Haha! Must be. Anyways, the solution I linked worked for me. My phone now shows me in driving mode while driving.

The 3 that I cleared caches for were:

Motorola Assist
    Motorola Assist Framework
    Motorola DriveActivator

The third one might just be the extra 50gb Drive storage but I did it anyways.

Got both of our M.X working with this. I have a question though. When you stop driving, how long does it stay in "Drive"? Chris

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

I never timed it. I'll have to test it next time. Often I tell Assist I'm not driving to end it.

Edit: It took about 3-4 minutes to stop driving mode.