problem clearing a notification

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Usually notifications at the top of the home screen clear out after I read them.

The other day for the first time I used the Facebook app to upload a couple of photos. There was a status notification that the photos were uploading, then it switched to a check mark with s note that the upload had completed.

24 hours later the check mark is still there even though I've read and clicked on the notification many times. During the same time period, I've received several notifications which have all disappeared normally.

I got the kit Kat update a few days ago but have no idea if that's a factor. Like I said, it seems other notifications work normally.

I've not paid super attention, but do know that some of my apps have updated for Kit Kat, but don't know if Facebook did. I only use Facebook 1 or 2 times per week, and like I said this is the first time ever I've uploaded any thing via that app.

Posted via Android Central App

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes., I'm an ***** very embarrassed... Swiped away. Thanks for the pointer.

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes., I'm an ***** very embarrassed... Swiped away. Thanks for the pointer.

The auto-censor apparently doesn't like me to call myself a disparaging word which starts with I and ends with diot. Even though I am one.

In my own defense :D.... The thing that fooled me is that it seems that almost all notifications disappear from the notification bar at the top when you open and look at them. For example, if it notifies me I have a text message, the notification will disappear if I touch the notification to look at the text message. I never got into the habit of wiping the notifications away. The upload to facebook page didn't do that.

I figured that out between posting my newby question and getting the answer and felt like a dolt (we'll see if "dolt" passes censorship!) Thanks for the reminder though!