Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Default Re: radio strength compared to GS3 or Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by jthead View Post
    Can anything be done to increase reception?
    Nothing could be done to fix the GNex so I doubt it. I went through 5 of them. Same signal problems with all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by jthead View Post
    If there is nothing that can be done for an S4, it there a different model Samsung with great rural reception that has a similar menu structure and camera?
    The GNote3 would be the next thing to try. I have one and my signal is no better than with my GNex but maybe it is a defective GNote3?

You could try the LG G2 or HTC One if you don't want to stick with Moto.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
    Thanks Everyone, I guess I just need to decide whether I get the 16 GB or 32 GB version. Thanks for all the great responses.
    32! The price difference isn't great and if you resell you'll probably get half of that back. Def. 32 so you can keep half your storage empty for optimal performance. Well, if you ever put music or video on your phone. : ).
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Just wanted to report back. The moto X is working great. I can hold a call without dropping a signal or having any of it break up in 2 places where with the GS3 would drop the call and break up constantly. Thanks again for all the feedback.

Hey everyone new member here. I love android and love my new moto x. I've always had android, started off with droid eris, then droid x, then galaxy nexus, iPhone 5s, and now moto x. I tried iOS with the iPhone 5s and it just wasn't for me so I got a moto x on the cyber Monday deal. Mine is white front and crimson back(roll tide). As far as signal strength, Moto's have always been great and so is the moto x. Compared to the iPhone 5s its honestly about the same. The 5s had a great radio IMO. Moto may be slightly better but not a big difference. I've had my moto x for about a week now and love it. Best android phone I've ever used
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,202 Global Posts

Had a bunch of dropped calls last night in my "known trouble area" on Verizon using my Moto X. The 4G LTE speeds I was getting on my Moto X last night were considerably better than the Samsung GNote 3, though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12