radio strength compared to GS3 or Iphone

Murphy5111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone comment on the signal quality? There are a couple areas where people can get a Verizon signal with their iphones and I can't text or keep a call because the signal is so poor (on my GS3). Do you think the Moto X will be better? Thanks

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone comment on the signal quality? There are a couple areas where people can get a Verizon signal with their iphones and I can't text or keep a call because the signal is so poor (on my GS3). Do you think the Moto X will be better? Thanks

Moto X will be 1000x better than the GS3, and 100x better then the iPhones.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
No 1st hand knowledge on my part, but from everything I've read in these forums was that the GS3 radios had a pretty poor reputation. Moto X should be a definite upgrade

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yup I get a better signal on my Moto X then I did my S3.
Also I have been in the same area delivering parts with both phones.I had a dropped call on my S3 ,but with the Moto X same area no problems.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

It is way better, I had a -107dBm with my GS4 and now I get a -95dBm at home here in Chicago. Big difference for me!

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Its been said multiple times already, but consider Motorola's history as a manufacturer. They were pioneers in wireless communication. While they've had a rocky road at times with various phone models, one thing they typically do very well is the radios. Best reception I've ever had is with Motorola followed closely by HTC. Conversely, worst reception has been with Samsung phones. With my Moto X I never even think about reception and that's exactly how it should be.

Can't speak to the iPhone cause, well I don't do Apple. ;)

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I will have a Verizon Moto X on Wednesday and a GNote 3 and an iPhone 5s on my other 2 lines to compare it to and I am in an area with reception problems. I will post as soon as I get the device.

anon7856321

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been blown away by the signal strength of the Moto X. Had a Galaxy Nexus before (samsung device) and it's radio sucked. When at my parent's house I would be lucky to get a bar of signal of anything (3g/4g) with the nexus. On the Moto X, I can get 3-4 bars of 4g.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Just to add to what has already been said. I've had a number of Samsung phones over the last couple years and the one thing that was never as good as Motorola was the phone signal. So far my numbers have been better on the Moto X as expected.

Sent from my Moto X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
dont ask "if the radio is better" when its made by motorola, thats one thing they are really good at

did u know that the famous word "one small step for man one giant leap for mankind" was spoken from moon via Motorola radio???

Last edited:

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
dont ask "if the radio is better" when its made by motorola, thats one thing they are really good at

did u know that the famous word "one small step for man one giant leap for mankind" was spoken from moon via Motorola radio???

I see you watched MKBHD's hangout with Dennis Woodside. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I see you watched MKBHD's hangout with Dennis Woodside. Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Or they just knew it. I knew that fact way before that interview. Motorola also made the first cellular phone.

I'm not that suprised by the radios considering all my smartphones have been Moto's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay