Love my X, hate Enterprise email

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I have had a moto x for a little over a week now and am loving it. I recently decided to add my corporate email account and it just about ruined my experience. I do not have to add my enterprise email, but, it is convenient to be able to add my work calendar to my calendar app and see what I have in store the next day without logging on to my email on my laptop. Anyone find an app that can help with pin unlock associated with enterprise email? Are there any root apps that can bypass or make it easy to pin unlock the device, basically I loose active display preview and most of the touchless control features due to having to pin unlock with a 6 digit code. Thanks

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK, that's a policy enforced by your work's email administrators and not by Android. By design, it's not meant to be bypassed. You'll run into this regardless of your phone, Apple included.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Use Touchdown. I've used it for 3 years now and it keeps getting better. If your company requires a password you will need one to get into the app but not the phone. They offer a 30 day trial and then you have to buy the app.

Sent from my Moto X

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK, that's a policy enforced by your work's email administrators and not by Android. By design, it's not meant to be bypassed. You'll run into this regardless of your phone, Apple included.

he's right my work used to do the same, if you want email on your phone your company will make you use a pass code on the lock screen

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Use Touchdown. I've used it for 3 years now and it keeps getting better. If your company requires a password you will need one to get into the app but not the phone. They offer a 30 day trial and then you have to buy the app.

Sent from my Moto X

I've recently started using Touchdown (not cheap, but a GREAT program). This is after using the built-in client for years. If the cost doesn't scare you off, it is well worth the purchase. It's a good solid client... perhaps a bit clunky as you dig deep into options... but very nice to use. As posted above, that should keep you from needing a pin on the home screen and it sandboxes the security policies your company enforces to just the Touchdown app instead of your entire phone. I feel like battery drain has been less than the built-in client, and I highly recommend it.

If you are looking for a calendar/agenda widget that shows both gmail calendars, corporate and/or others as well -- not all of them can do that. I picked up Pure Calendar Widget ($2) because it was one of the few that could do both (and it was the best-looking of the ones that do).

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Moto X

This.

Sent from my XT1053

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Enhanced Email allows you to bypass the PIN completely. It is also cheaper than touchdown.

I also could not find a way to link Touchdown to my calendar, it looked to me like it included its own calendar. Enhanced Email syncs both contacts and calendar.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Enhanced Email allows you to bypass the PIN completely. It is also cheaper than touchdown.

I also could not find a way to link Touchdown to my calendar, it looked to me like it included its own calendar. Enhanced Email syncs both contacts and calendar.

I don't believe that Touchdown will link to the stock calendar. It does have it's own.

I looked at Enhanced Email recently just to compare. It appears that the developer has not been keeping up with updates. A lot of complaints about issues with the app recently. I have not used it so I don't know if they are legitimate complaints or not. Maybe the above poster can weigh in on those.

I will say that the Touchdown app is continuously updated and improved. I am all for saving money but sometimes you get what you pay for. I will gladly spend an extra $10 for an app that is so important to me. That's just me though. Different priorities for each of us.

Sent from my Moto X

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't weigh in much yet on Ehanced Email with Kit Kat as I just re-installed it last night. I did not have any major issues when I had my GS4, but have been using an iPhone for the past few months. I do see where it has not been updated since July.

One other free option for the OP, if he doesn't mind not having a combined personal and work calendar, is to find a copy of google calendar sync (you cannot get it from google anymore but it is still floating around and will still work) and simply sync his work calendar with this gmail calendar. If he did that, he wouldn't have to have access to his work calendar as all events would be already synced to his google calendar.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Thanks all for the information, I know that the PIN is required by my enterprise administrator,but, I figured where there is a will, and root, there is a way. I will start trying these suggestions , thanks again.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You can also use the Motorola Skip or trusted bluetooth to unlock your phone. The Skip uses NFC, costs $15 from Motorola, and comes with 3 skip dots.

Posted via Android Central App

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't mind the combined email, I found a link for G calendar sync and my institution does use google for education but I have to do some reading to figure out how to use it.

NYRico#AC

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded the free version and I am going to configure it tomorrow. $20 isn't so bad for the convenience, my alternatives are screen lock which will ruin the Moto X experience or being issued a blackberry and having to carry 2 phones which I have avoided. My work issued BB has been in my work bag dead for 2 years now.

PBX-Tech

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I've used Touchdown and Enhanced Email for the last year and a half. Both let you bypass your companies mobile phone security policy. Overall, I like the feel of EE. My only complaint of EE would be it doesn't sync Tasks or Notes.

bc ct

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
This is my advice. Purchase this below and setup trusted Bluetooth. Make your life simple. The NFC skip is magnetic like and sometimes jump to a pole, car, or lost. At least this is on a keychain and always unlock ur x.

Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain $12 shipped at Groupon - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Posted via Android Central App

Trusted bluetooth (and the Motorola Skip) will not work with Exchange Security policies, at least on Exchange 2010). The option in settings to utilize trusted bluetooth is greyed out and cannot be selected. I'm told by my tech group that the security policies disable the feature.

stanleywinthrop

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know an alternative email app for exchange that will sync calendar with the Google calendar app?

Sent from my XT1056 using AC Forums mobile app

sirflex

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I would love to know this as well........ About to go back to my HTC One as the stock mail app is so much better. Especially since it lets you view folders in the main inbox.