Verizon said SIM comes unlocked.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm skeptical, of course. While activating my phone today, the Verizon rep told me that the SIM card is unlocked. She said there is no unlock required before leaving the country.

Is a Verizon rep right for once?

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm skeptical, of course. While activating my phone today, the Verizon rep told me that the SIM card is unlocked. She said there is no unlock required before leaving the country.

Is a Verizon rep right for once?

Thank you!

The SIM card they issue you comes with the phone itself, ore installed I believe.
All 4G LTE verizon phones are global ready, which means as long as you have the correct GSM bands in the Moto X to go abroad, and get a local sim card to use, then yes :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, Verizon doesn't SIM lock their phones. I remember when the Droid Maxx came out reading an article about being able to use it on AT&T out of the box (albeit with HSPA+ only as it doesn't have AT&T LTE bands). You can take your phone to any country and use it on any GSM carrier that a. hast the right bands (which is most) and b. offers nano SIMs (again, this is most). This includes AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I already love this Moto X, but now I love it even more.

Thanks for the input guys.