Opinion please???

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Okay, after about a day of using this phone (got it at 4 pm yesterday, been using it until now) I can already tell you that its awesome. The feel of the phone is something in my opinion is better than the iPhone. The way it sits in your hand is very comfortable due to the contoured back, now the iPhone seems kinda blocky. When it comes to performance, this thing has not once skipped a beat, its awesome, I'd say in the same ballpark as the iPhone in terms of fluidity and speed. The only three things I think you will miss are iMessage, face time, and the camera. The first two have their workaround (messenger apps or just using SMS instead) but the camera is meh. Its not as horrendous as people make it out to be, but by no means great either. It is getting improved on the software side by updates though so that's good. Another subtle thing I think you'll appreciate is that the Sim card size is the same for the iPhone and the moto x so you can just pop your sim in the new phone or in between phones, and you're all set :) If you have any questions let me know!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Thanks for the input. I really want to try out the phone but my wife thinks we may regret getting rid of our iPhones if we do that lol. Gotta love life decisions right???

pstmstr

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
As an iPhone 5s user with 2 days in the Moto X, I really like it. Yes, I wish the camera was better and I miss Tweetbot syncing between my iPad, Mac, and phone and a few other things. I love swiping on the keyboard and the active settings. Nice device that's going to give the iPhone a challenge for what goes in my pocket.

Posted via Android Central App

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Well just ordered mine using my coupon! Black front, Red back, Silver accents (Ohio State Colors). Now I wait 13 days for it to arrive. Sighhhhhh.

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well just ordered mine using my coupon! Black front, Red back, Silver accents (Ohio State Colors). Now I wait 13 days for it to arrive. Sighhhhhh.

Sick!! I have no doubt that you will love it man.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

When I ordered mine last Sunday (Dec. 8th), the estimated delivery date was set for December 17th (9 days from when I placed the order) but then out of the blue I got an email Thursday morning (around 4am because it woke me up) saying it was shipped and when I followed the tracking number later that afternoon, it said Motorola had actually shipped the phone Wednesday mid-day and it was already on a truck out for delivery (only 4 days after I ordered the phone). Basically, the estimated delivery date is just that, an estimate.

P.S. The silver accents look amazing especially with the black front and a colorful back (I got the navy back, black front, and silver accents).

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That would be awesome. My wife was bummed she won't get it before Xmas (ordered 2). Gonna be great to change it up from iOS (not bashing either OS I like both just wanted a change of pace).

Now I wait..... Patiently....

chiefandrews

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

That's the exact same color I have. I was going to do Navy, but the red (crimson) jumped out at me at the last second.

I was a previous iPhone owner (original, 3G, and 4). Last year I made the switch to Android with a Nexus 4. I do miss facetime and iMessage, but that's about it. What's App and Hangouts are good replacements. I love the freedom with Android.

As far as the Moto, so far I love it. The active notifications and touchless controls rock! The trusted bluetooth is sweet. I also bought a skip. It is really handy. The battery is way better than my Nexus 4. Yesterday, on my first full day of playing with it, I had over 17 hours of uptime with right at 3 hours of screen on time before I hit 14% and decided to charge it. My Nexus 4 never, NEVER, made it close to that. I think you will like it!

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from motorola saying I will receive the phones no later then December 21st :) Pretty stoked about this!!

nyry

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from motorola saying I will receive the phones no later then December 21st :) Pretty stoked about this!!

From build to it being shipped, it only took 4 days. Then they overnighted it from TX to CA and doorstep it only took another day to arrive so 5 days from the beginning of the process. I think they underpromise and over deliver so know that it might be coming soon :D

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
From build to it being shipped, it only took 4 days. Then they overnighted it from TX to CA and doorstep it only took another day to arrive so 5 days from the beginning of the process. I think they underpromise and over deliver so know that it might be coming soon :D

Good deal. Very excited to get them. Because I ordered mine on a Saturday I'm assuming it won't be started until tomorrow or Tuesday. But either way I'll have it by next weekend :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084