Google Experience Launcher Issues?

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
I got my cyber-monday(week) moto maker version yesterday and I love it as I knew I would. One issue I ran into though was that when I installed the GEL launcher widgets didn't display properly after a while, has anyone else ran into this issue? I installed the version from android police (How To Try The Google Experience Launcher With Translucent Bars And Google Now Once You Get Your KitKat Update [APK Download])

I have it installed on my GS3 except since that was not 4.4+ I had to side load all of the other new Google apps found on the N5 and it worked flawlessly, and also have it running fine on my 4.4.2 N7 (2012).

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For me it works really smooth in all my devices. A moto x, gnex, and 2012 nexus 7. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling it. And by smooth I mean no issues at all

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from a GS3 in which I had the GEL installed. Is the only real difference swiping right to bring up Google Now? Is so, how different is this from using the middle on-screen button to bring it up by swiping up?

teamnowak

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from a GS3 in which I had the GEL installed. Is the only real difference swiping right to bring up Google Now? Is so, how different is this from using the middle on-screen button to bring it up by swiping up?

Agree. I don't know why they make such a big deal about it. I actually would prefer it not to be there. I like to have free screens to the left of the home screen. That way you are only one swipe away from two different screens. Wish I could get that back. Swiping up really isn't too hard.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Agree. I don't know why they make such a big deal about it. I actually would prefer it not to be there. I like to have free screens to the left of the home screen. That way you are only one swipe away from two different screens. Wish I could get that back. Swiping up really isn't too hard.

I'm not trashing GEL, I just curious if there is more to it that I'm missing. But I did miss having screen on both sides of my main screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not trashing GEL, I just curious if there is more to it that I'm missing. But I did miss having screen on both sides of my main screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It seemed hard to get used to at first but now I like it. BTW you can add unlimited screens but I think only to the right, not left of the dedicated Google Now screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2