Moto x baterry won't charge past 85%?

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I got mine for about a week as well. Don't have the battery issues, always reached 100%. Perhaps you may want to run down the phone 1-2 times and charge it back up to calibrate the meter.

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah that was what I was thinking as well. I always appreciate the responses here on android central. Thanks for all who are kind enough to help,even when it has probably been mentioned before!

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, that did not seem to work. Took it down to what the phone displayed as 20% and then turned it off and charged it overnight. The battery indicator when it is off and charging said 100%, but when I booted up the phone (turned it on) it started at 74%. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe try running the battery all the way down once and then charge it up? IDK?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, that did not seem to work. Took it down to what the phone displayed as 20% and then turned it off and charged it overnight. The battery indicator when it is off and charging said 100%, but when I booted up the phone (turned it on) it started at 74%. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe try running the battery all the way down once and then charge it up? IDK?

Might as well give it a try.
Also ,when you ran the battery down to 20% and turned it off? Did you leave it plugged in while it booted back up?
If so did it show it was charging ? After it booted back up ,or ...Did it show in the: settings> battery did it show it was fully charged(when showing 74%)?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Might as well give it a try.
Also ,when you ran the battery down to 20% and turned it off? Did you leave it plugged in while it booted back up?
If so did it show it was charging ? After it booted back up ,or ...Did it show in the: settings> battery did it show it was fully charged(when showing 74%)?
I did leave it plugged in while rebooting, but failed to see if it was still charging. I will give this another go, leave it plugged in this time and look to see if it is charging after bootup. I will also look under settings.battery to see if "fully charged"! Thanks for the help and I will report back!

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny. I'm having similar charging problems. I had my phone plugged in overnight. When I plugged it in, it was about 35%. This morning, it was at about 55%. But I can charge past that point, it's just that it didn't get there when it was on the charger for over 10 hours. I'm not sure what's going on. The plug works; I tested it this morning to be sure it said "charging".

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
It's funny. I'm having similar charging problems. I had my phone plugged in overnight. When I plugged it in, it was about 35%. This morning, it was at about 55%. But I can charge past that point, it's just that it didn't get there when it was on the charger for over 10 hours. I'm not sure what's going on. The plug works; I tested it this morning to be sure it said "charging".

Is there any chance you or droidman are charging off a PC usb port instead of from a wall plug? And if so, wonder if the PC is going into 'sleep' mode and quits charging?

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Is there any chance you or droidman are charging off a PC usb port instead of from a wall plug? And if so, wonder if the PC is going into 'sleep' mode and quits charging?
no, wall charger. I am going to give it a week trying different things and go from there!

- - - Updated - - -

The phone could simply be defective. Take it back and exchange it.

Posted via Android Central App

It could be, but i am gonna give it a go with some things first.

Last edited:

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm using a wall charger too. It's one of the ones that come with the iPhone. I can't imagine that matters; it's the same voltage and amps (just smaller so it fits better in my little recharging station.)

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Does it say charging AC when you look at the battery? If it says charging USB, that is the problem. Use the OEM charger and cable. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

droidman2177

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Well, it finally died(the battery) and now won't accept a charge!! I called moto and this thing is going back! Never really liked it anyway. Oh well, I guess it not for everyone! Back to my beloved DNA! the best phone i have had to date! I have tried to fd reset and can not because the phone thinks it is dead and won't reboot to finish the fd reset! However, If I plug it into the computer and get the fastboot menu up, I can rebootthe phone to where it works. So after a session with the useless tech at moto, I ended updeleting everything manually that I could think of! Any other ideas for resetting the right way?

Last edited:

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's not the USB cable that came with the phone. I plugged the phone in earlier and it said to connect a charging cable. That was odd considering I just plugged one in. So I switched the cable out and it's charging fine now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles