New to the X - just a few questions

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello, just a few questions from a Moto X (and Android) newbie ...

1) I'm noticing that there are no notification "flags" on the icons when there's something new (Messages app, e-mail, phone, etc). I'm assuming this is intentional by design? I'm getting all of my notifications very efficiently in the pull down Notification Center, so it's no big deal to me that there's no flags on the apps themselves. Yes, former iPhone user so that's what I was used to.

2) I notice that whenever you download an app from Google Play, it lands right on your home screen. Is there any way to get the app to land in the App Drawer instead? Just means I have to move it off my home screen every time. No big deal, just curious if that's possible.

3) I'm having a little trouble creating folders in my App Drawer. For instance, I want to put all of the Verizon bloatware into a folder. When I try to lay one app on top of another, it doesn't want to do that - it thinks I want to move the app to a home screen. Am I doing this wrong? I know it's simple, but I'm obviously not doing it right.

4) When I unlock the phone from the Active Display, it's making a very mild haptic feedback. Is there a way to turn this off? I have haptic feedback turned off on everything else in this phone, but I can't find where to turn it off when unlocking from Active Display. On a personal note, I can't stand that haptic feedback. I guess a lot of people like it, but I find it really annoying. It's the first thing I disabled when I got the phone.

5) I downloaded an app from within Google Play (not from my phone, but on the website itself) .. then I uninstalled it on my device ... but, oddly, it's still showing up under "My Apps" in Google Play. I tried logging out and then logging back to see if that would refresh it, but it's still there. Will this just go away eventually?

Thank you!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

1) I'm noticing that there are no notification "flags" on the icons when there's something new (Messages app, e-mail, phone, etc). I'm assuming this is intentional by design? I'm getting all of my notifications very efficiently in the pull down Notification Center, so it's no big deal to me that there's no flags on the apps themselves. Yes, former iPhone user so that's what I was used to.

2) I notice that whenever you download an app from Google Play, it lands right on your home screen. Is there any way to get the app to land in the App Drawer instead? Just means I have to move it off my home screen every time. No big deal, just curious if that's possible.

3) I'm having a little trouble creating folders in my App Drawer. For instance, I want to put all of the Verizon bloatware into a folder. When I try to lay one app on top of another, it doesn't want to do that - it thinks I want to move the app to a home screen. Am I doing this wrong? I know it's simple, but I'm obviously not doing it right.

4) When I unlock the phone from the Active Display, it's making a very mild haptic feedback. Is there a way to turn this off? I have haptic feedback turned off on everything else in this phone, but I can't find where to turn it off when unlocking from Active Display. On a personal note, I can't stand that haptic feedback. I guess a lot of people like it, but I find it really annoying. It's the first thing I disabled when I got the phone.

5) I downloaded an app from within Google Play (not from my phone, but on the website itself) .. then I uninstalled it on my device ... but, oddly, it's still showing up under "My Apps" in Google Play. I tried logging out and then logging back to see if that would refresh it, but it's still there. Will this just go away eventually?

Thank you!

1. Correct. Natively, Android doesn't support this.

2. Go into the Settings in the Play Store and uncheck the Autu-add widgets box.

3. The native Android launcher does not support this. Folders only in the home screens.

4. I don't think there's a way to turn this off right now.

5. The Play Store (web) will show all apps you've installed on any of your devices. Coming from the iPhone world, think of this as like in iTunes AMD redownloading apps.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you!

1. Yes,its an iphone feature... but there are some 3rd party android app which can do this for system apps... nova launcher, apex.... search in playstore.

2. open app "play store"-->menu [3 dots on top right]-->settings-->uncheck "Auto add widgets"

3. think of Android as windows PC... u have applications installed on menu and u have shortcut on desktop.
same!!! you could do this with third party launcher

5. click recent menu-->close playstore and re open again

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
#4 Wife's does mine does not. Settings - sound - vibrate on touch and screen lock sound. Mine has only dial pad touch sounds set.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

orangezebra

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Thank you!

Numbers one and three can be accomplished by using nova launcher. It looks just like the stock launcher but has extra functionality.

Posted via Android Central App

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I put it on my mom's Nexus 4, because I wanted it to be as simple as possible (for a non-tech-savvy). It's better for her to only have 2 home screens. One with the three icons she uses and a full-page calendar widget on the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid