Otterbox Commuter or Defender?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My wife is happier with her Commuter case for her 4S that she got to replace her Defender case.

Sent from my Moto X

Cocophone

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the defender but tossed the belt clip in the trash. I also cut off the plastic posts the belt clip attached to.

sent from my Moto X

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the Defender. Removed the screen protector that came with the case out and installed anti glare with smudge proof protector on. Happy with it so far.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a commuter cause the defenders holster was junk and not worth the extra price

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ChubbyB

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm old school and usually go defender and wear the phone on my belt.

But i've recently fell in love with lightness of the commuter line and usually go with them.

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Neither get the ballistic sg max... Way better case for cheaper!

Posted via Android Central App on my Vzw Moto X DevEd

Cocophone

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
My employees (all younger than me ) said "do not use the belt clip!"

Who am I to argue. I would rather try to be hip than old! :)

-----------------
"Why am I me and why not you? Why am I here and why not there? When did time begin and where does space end?" - Wings of Desire

jcg5862

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the Defender. Sometimes I use the clip and sometimes not. The clip is not like the one I had for my 4S, but like a holder for an IPad. I got is used to it. The case itself is nice, contoured to fit the phone nicely. Much better than the brick style for the 4S. I like the protection of the Defender.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Between those two:
In the past I would have said Defender
But today I will say Commuter when choosing between those two.
The reason being I hate holsters now the usually get snagged on stuff and the Otterbox Defender holster is way cheap,breaks easy.They use to make good holsters. the days when I used a holster I usually had it clipped to my front pocket/or side pocket .

I not currently using either of those tho prefer slimmer cases and in my pocket :)

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had the Commuter and instead went with the Griffin Reveal case (wanted something slim). it's a nice case but kinda chunky. My dad swears by the Defender with his iPhone 5s and 4s.

mbar9607

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
If the holster was like the one for the iPhone 5 or s4 it would be nice but its not and I find it difficult to use

jcg5862

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
If the holster was like the one for the iPhone 5 or s4 it would be nice but its not and I find it difficult to use

Agree, the holster is more difficult to use. I've gotten used to it. However, I do like the case itself much better though.

Posted via Android Central App from my Moto X

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Like this Otterbox Commuter case with this Ripoff vertical clip case. Just right for us "wannabe hip 'ole timers"
Phone with the Commuter case fits just right or just the naked phone. Even has a spot for your rolled up $100 bills...;)

DSC_1391.jpg