Bamboo Now Available, +$100 option

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Wow been waiting for the wood backs but had to order cause the code was about to expire. I did a black phone just in case these came out I could sell. BUT I dont like the bamboo. Im surprised that this is the first of the wood. Would have thought this is the rarest of the bunch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

MikeG7265

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The first time I followed the link the add on was $50, but they sure changed it quick, now it's $100.
uqana5e9.jpg

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Right on cue as mine arrives...

Think I'll just go with a sticker now, if I decide it's still a big deal. Plus the bamboo version doesn't really do it for me.

Oh well :) additional $100 seems like a lot anyway.

Posted via Android Central App

MikeG7265

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Should have jumped on it then...100 bucks is kinda steep but I guess in this case you actually get what you pay for. 50 would have been nice, at this time 100 is too much for me. Plastic it is!! lol

I'm pretty happy with the plastic myself. I have a dev edition and a MotoMaker one also, so I'm good to go. Lol :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Damn. It showed $50 for me a few minutes ago, but it's now $100.

If it were only $50, then I'd be really tempted to send back the one I have now.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Honestly now that I think about it, it will be the first of the year soon and the next round of devices will be on the horizon. The next Moto x device will start to be rumored in the next couple months. Moto took too long for me

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly now that I think about it, it will be the first of the year soon and the next round of devices will be on the horizon. The next Moto x device will start to be rumored in the next couple months. Moto took too long for me

I'm sure there will be announcements at CES. ;)

But going by history, the order will go HTC, Samsung, <SUMMER BREAK>, Motorola, LG, Google with HTC leading off in Feb/March. Still enough time to compete with wood. And the user experience on the current Moto X more than holds it's own against the spec whores.

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As of this post, it's showing as "Not Available". May have sold out of the initial batch?

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone know if we can return the one we have and just pay an extra $100 to get the wood or would we need a full refund and then pay the $599 price?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So does anyone know if we can return the one we have and just pay an extra $100 to get the wood or would we need a full refund and then pay the $599 price?

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/97692/action/auth

Can I exchange my current customized Moto X for one with a Bamboo back?
There’s no such thing as an “exchange” when you’re dealing with items this unique. If your phone falls within our 14 day return period (30 days in California), you can return it for a refund and re-purchase a Moto X with Bamboo.

The easiest way to do this is to contact one of our Moto Maker representatives.

I purchased a Moto X from Moto Maker using the a holiday promotion code. Can I switch it to a Moto X with Bamboo?
If your phone falls within our return period, you can return it for a refund of the original purchase price and re-purchase a Moto X with Bamboo. However, the Holiday discount you received will not apply.

The easiest way to do this is to contact one of our Moto Maker representatives.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense as to why the holiday deal has such a short window now that it is released the day after. I'm just confused though on why only one option. 100 is nothing to pay if your going to use naked.... good cases cost 25+.

Skynet3132

Jul 15, 2010
www.scikotics.com
pfft hahah $100 for the back. seriously? and no purchase option at all for those owners of a moto X outside the 14day period unless we just buy another phone? as much as i absolutely love it, this is total weaksauce.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
100$ its the price of early adoption. It will come down. I paid full retail the day the x came out, could of got it last week for half.... But I wanted it in the now not later.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
no purchase option at all for those owners of a moto X outside the 14day period unless we just buy another phone? as much as i absolutely love it, this is total weaksauce.

That's no different than how it was for the people who bought plain black or white phones before Moto Maker was available for their carrier. Buy the phone because it's what you want at the moment, not because of what it might be later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance