Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Back to "OK Google Now"?

I found over the last week my phone was hardly ever responding to "OK Google." It was taking an embarrassing number of attempts to get touchless control to spring to life. I retrained the phrase with no luck.

So this morning I started going back to the more cumbersome "OK Google Now," and it seems as responsive as ever.

Anyone else notice this?

TJH

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Back to "OK Google Now"?

It's always been "Ok Google Now", you're getting it confused with the Nexus which uses "Ok Google".

Mine is programmed to "OK Google" and responds probably 99% of the time. I was using it last night in the car repeatedly, so I don't think mine has changed. Try going through setup again.

It was really hit or miss in the beginning when I had to say the whole phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by TJH132 View Post
    I found over the last week my phone was hardly ever responding to "OK Google." It was taking an embarrassing number of attempts to get touchless control to spring to life. I retrained the phrase with no luck.

So this morning I started going back to the more cumbersome "OK Google Now," and it seems as responsive as ever.

Anyone else notice this?

TJH

Yes. There is a reason Motorola chose a longer, more cumbersome trigger phrase, it is more reliable and easier to train to respond to only your voice.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandez21 View Post
    It's always been "Ok Google Now", you're getting it confused with the Nexus which uses "Ok Google".
    It is supposed to have always been "Ok Google Now", but lots of people have "tricked" it into working with other phrases (including "Ok Google.") but it has never worked as well as "Okay Google Now".

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

It's supposed to be "OK Google Now".

Like everyone has stated. it's always been "ok google now". The only problem I am facing is it still easily activates when others say it, especially when listening to the android central podcast. When the team randomly says it, it sets my phone off.

Quote Originally Posted by jdevenberg View Post
    Yes. There is a reason Motorola chose a longer, more cumbersome trigger phrase, it is more reliable and easier to train to respond to only your voice.

It is supposed to have always been "Ok Google Now", but lots of people have "tricked" it into working with other phrases (including "Ok Google.") but it has never worked as well as "Okay Google Now".
    I tried to get it to accept "Hey, Google!", but that was too different from "OK Google Now", and it just said it didn't understand me, and I should try again.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

I programmed mine to be "OK Google Now" but whenever I did that, it made "Now" part of the search. I just started doing "OK Google" and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pjo1966 View Post
    I programmed mine to be "OK Google Now" but whenever I did that, it made "Now" part of the search. I just started doing "OK Google" and it works fine.
    That's what mine does as well.

Quote Originally Posted by omega1300 View Post
    That's what mine does as well.

That's what mine does as well. Even if I program it with ok Google now, it still activates with just Ok Google. It's also relatively easy for someone to activate it.

It's weird, because the first time I ever trained it with Ok Google now, it was impossible for anyone else to activate it; not even my twin brother who sounds almost identical to me.

The problem was, I couldn't activate it with just Ok Google, but the "now" kept on getting added to texts and other functions, so I tricked it to work with only Ok Google.

I now have tried to switch it back to Ok Google Now, but it always activates with just Ok Google.

Don't really understand...

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    7,625 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have used both "Ok Google Now" and "Ok Google".
    When still on Jelly Bean I changed it to "Ok Google"but sometimes it thought I said something to it when I didnt when driving with the radio on.
    I just re-trained it back to "OK Google Now" and left it that way even after the Kit Kat update .Mine works better with that phrase.
    Mine doesnt use "Now" as part of the search phrase tho.