Vibrate Off, when face down on desk?

ChristiansenP

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Moto-X, and LOVE it! Didn't realize how much I didn't like my Razr M until now. :) However, with everything being automated, I am left wishing for one thing: various vibrate settings. I'd love for the vibrate motor to be turned off, and ringtone to be set to an "office" setting when face down on my desk. As soon as I put it in my pocket, volume up, vibrate on. Is this possible? I've downloaded Tasker in hopes of making a profile that does this, but boy-oh-boy is that a confusing app. Any help?

Thanks!

Phill

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
In Tasker, first you want to create a new Profile. Then select State, Sensor, Orientation, Face Down.

Next you need to create a task for the Profile. Select Audio, Silent Mode, On.

When the phone is no longer facing down, the phone returns to whatever state prior to the trigger.

ChristiansenP

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks!

Can you help me refine it a bit? I enabled the profile you helped me create, and it works great! A couple of tweaks are desired though. Currently when it's flipped over, "silent mode" is activated, but that disables both vibrate and ringer. I want the ringer on, vibrate off.
Secondly, Is there a motion sensor option? Right now as soon as it's flipped, it enables silent mode. That means when it's in my pocket and I sit down, the orientation is face down. How do I enable a "face down AND no movement" trigger?

Thanks for helping this newbie get acquainted with Tasker!

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks!

Can you help me refine it a bit? I enabled the profile you helped me create, and it works great! A couple of tweaks are desired though. Currently when it's flipped over, "silent mode" is activated, but that disables both vibrate and ringer. I want the ringer on, vibrate off.
Secondly, Is there a motion sensor option? Right now as soon as it's flipped, it enables silent mode. That means when it's in my pocket and I sit down, the orientation is face down. How do I enable a "face down AND no movement" trigger?

Thanks for helping this newbie get acquainted with Tasker!

For the first issue, replace "Silent Mode" with "Vibrate On Ringer" set to off. It is a couple of rows down from the "Silent Mode". Try it. It's not something I've used.

For the second issue, I assume when you put the phone in your pocket, it is upside down. If that is the case, I am thinking a second profile with the Upside Down orientation. For the new task, you go in Tasker, Profile Status, and turn off the first profile. Then add an Exit task to turn the first profile back on.

You need to know a couple of things. Profile Status only sees the first profile only if you yourself give the profile a name. A default name assigned by the app can't be seen. Secondly, press and hold on a task to add the Exit task.