4.4 KitKat Update - Moto X, Sprint

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I imagine everyone has the same update on KitKat. But I just want to share what I've noticed as different and would like to hear others' experience with this (another thread might exist of this, but I can't find it...)

1. The Wifi/mobile data color changed from blue (which I prefer) to white
2. The dial pad changed from black to white (I prefer black)
3. The speaker sound became lower/more tin-ny in sound
4. Same as above on phone calls
5. Signal improved a bit
6. Camera is no bueno (but it was pretty shameful to start)
7. Ok Google Now had to be retrained; same with active notification (had to go through tutorial again - it insisted)
8. A lot of built-in apps had to be updated via the Playstore

And that's all I've noticed so far.

What else have I missed noticing? What are your experiences with KitKat?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My update keeps failing. I tried going back to stock, original ROM, reflashed my original recovery, still nothing.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My update keeps failing. I tried going back to stock, original ROM, reflashed my original recovery, still nothing.
So you'd rooted it before the update? If you're back on stock ROM (I didn't know you could do that after rooting), then you might want to call Sprint and see if they can find another way to resolve this. But, as I'm sure you're aware, don't let on that you've rooted the phone (if you have).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So you'd rooted it before the update? If you're back on stock ROM (I didn't know you could do that after rooting), then you might want to call Sprint and see if they can find another way to resolve this. But, as I'm sure you're aware, don't let on that you've rooted the phone (if you have).

Been thinking of getting a Nexus anyway. This is my reason to. Lol...

From a Sprint Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else getting very small fonts on their email?

(Regarding point 2, my dialer pad is still black, but at least its smaller so it doesnt look so bad (i disliked it). Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress