Driver assist text and call features while at home?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
can i put my phone on driver asssist mode when i'm not in a car with it moving? i don't drive so i've never used the assist mode but i'd like my phone to tell me about calls i'm getting and read texts to me when i'm at home, like the Nao robot. lol. I don't want it to randomly start playing me music though.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
can i put my phone on driver asssist mode when i'm not in a car with it moving? i don't drive so i've never used the assist mode but i'd like my phone to tell me about calls i'm getting and read texts to me when i'm at home, like the Nao robot. lol. I don't want it to randomly start playing me music though.

i think Assist uses google play location service to know if your are driving or walking... so my guess is it might not be possible unless or until Assist is modified to do that

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I was experimenting with the text by voice app last month, it has potential and I believe there are similar apps out there too.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../apps/details?id=com.sonalight&token=AXifig8w

Thanks. I'll d/l that one and check it out. : ). I notice it has an always listening feature, does it drain battery? probably, right?

Ah, i might check out the app "Assistant" again, i think she reads texts.

i think Assist uses google play location service to know if your are driving or walking... so my guess is it might not be possible unless or until Assist is modified to do that

Ah. Drat. Hopefully that comes soon.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech