hesitant to upgrade to 4.4

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had a previous Moto X that I returned because of some physical damage when I received the phone. When I upgraded that to 4.4, Dolphin browser got choppy scrolling. On 4.2, Dolphin (and other webkit browsers?) were really smooth.

I now have a new Moto X still on 4.2. I'm hesitant to upgrade because I like the smooth scrolling web browsers. Does anybody know if they've restored Dolphin or other webkit browsers to their former glory?

Posted via Android Central App

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Lots of recent updates to many many apps including Dolphin! I have used Dolphin for several years. Driving Chrome on the M.X however so far. I have Dolphin loaded but have found Chrome OK! Drove Smart Keyboard Pro for several years also, but I am now using the stock M.X keyboard. Just enjoying the M.X like it was made!

Everything good on the M.X is happening via KitKat!

Chris

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Eh, I guess I'll have to make the jump at some point. The Dolphin Google Play reviews are not giving me confidence though.

Chrome is just not smooth for me. Even on the Nexus 5 's that I tried.

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin works fine on my Moto X running 4.4. I use it all the time.

I did have to update a few apps after I got 4.4, because it broke a few of them. (I especially remember issues with K9). I was happy that Sprint was a few weeks later than other carriers to upgrade to 4.4, because all the problems I ran into had already been fixed, and a few app updates later, everything I used worked smoothly. I don't recall if Dolphin was one of the apps I updated.

(I tend to feel "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and often don't update apps unless I see a strong reason to.)

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the Jetpack toggle on Dolphin. Jeebus! Scrolling is nearly perfect. Don't know why they don't turn it on by default or advertise it more.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar