Verizon moto X no 3G only 1x?

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I was just accessing the radio settings to switch to 3G evdo and it doesn't pick up anything just goes blank and then switches to 1x. Has anyone been able to connect to 3G with moto x? I have LTE just wanted to experiment how much better battery I can get with 3G.

Update: factory reset didn't help. Still can't access 3G only 1x/LTE.

Update 2: Verizon said that this is a widespread issue with moto x users and moto is working on a fix. I call BS on that since everyone here can access 3G just fine.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was just accessing the radio settings to switch to 3G evdo and it doesn't pick up anything just goes blank and then switches to 1x. Has anyone been able to connect to 3G with moto x? I have LTE just wanted to experiment how much better battery I can get with 3G.

I've gotten 3G sometimes, so its capable of it. Idk why its going to 1X tho

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I've gotten 3G sometimes, so its capable of it. Idk why its going to 1X tho

Well if you have at least seen 3G on your phone than it must something wrong with the radio in my phone. I guess I will have to call Verizon CS first and than try a factory reset. I just hope I don't have to send it back to moto for a replacement, I don't want to be without a phone.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've used 3G on my Moto X before using the LTE On/Off app and the GSM/CDMA (Auto) setting pretty solid.
Hows the strength in your area? Does it barely have 3G? (And yes people, 4G and even 3G isn't a thing EVERYWHERE, as much as we'd like it to be.)

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I have the unlocked non developer version (TM) and the only network settings i have to chose from are automatic or 2g. The phone bounces between E, 4G and LTE but spends most its time in 4G. Im in Oakland Ca. Go 49ers..

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Assuming you're on Verizon (if not, I'm not sure this holds true for other carriers' models), you're actually looking for "CDMA auto (PRL)," not "EvDo only."

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you're on Verizon (if not, I'm not sure this holds true for other carriers' models), you're actually looking for "CDMA auto (PRL)," not "EvDo only."

Yes with either CDMA auto or EVDO only I cannot access the EVDO network. I'm in NYC so plenty of 3G over here. I also checked my wife's RAZR M and it can access 3G so there's definitely something up with the radio in my moto x. I'm going to try a factory reset and see if it resolves the issue.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
The 4G LTE coverage in my neighborhood is spotty, so I go on 3G all the time when I take walks.

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't ask about my experience with trying to get the phone into one radio or the other. Not good. Phone gone

like DayThyme's Moto X mine auto switches from 4G LTE to 3G any place the coverage is spotty. Works great I have the Verizon Developers version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo