No sound in google maps navigate

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the sound to turn on. I checked that the application isn't muted, that the phone isn't in silent mode, and that the volume is high. What might I be missing?

Duke007down

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Is your phone by any chance connected to your vehicles bluetooth stereo ? If so, you'll have to turn off bluetooth on your phone in order to hear audible directions from the phone or change your stereo's input to Aux or whatever input setting receives the bluetooth signal from your phone. Doing this will allow you to listen to directions via the stereo.

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
This morning the alarm turned on silently, and I noticed my "multimedia" folder on my home page was gone, and when I tried to use rocket player the visual indication of volume ticked back and forth between zero and max, and the phone made no sound. So I rebooted. Rocket player is behaving normally. I'll find out about the other sound features later.

This phone is mostly nice, but it seems very glitchy.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had this exact problem yesterday, no sound while in navigation. It has to do with the volume of the voice, however I have not found how to set it normally. what I did was this,
Ok google now - nearest starbucks - it opens the google window and the voice is suppose to tell you nearest starbucks. Listen for it and tap the down volume, then press volume up to raise volume. Basically mine was max volume but so low I couldnot hear it, pressing the volume down seemed to "reset" the volume and I was able to put the volume back all the way up.

Problem is you have to do while the voice is talking to you or you get the phone ringer volume.

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me yesterday for the first time on my Moto X. It used to happen to my Bionic. I have used navigation with my Moto X extensively and never had the issue until yesterday. I restarted and started nav again and got voice prompts.

Mikey393

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Many thanks Duke as I was getting very frustrated but have just bought a new car with bluetooth so reckon that's the problem. I'll try & confirm.

bustit997

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
it was the Bluetooth problem I had before and your advice to turn it off worked. BUT now I had to reinstall android auto on my phone and it automatically turns on Bluetooth now. I turn it off and it immediatly turns it back on. I can hardly hear the voice now. I have settings on Android Auto turned off, but still always turns on. Did several downloads to try to fix, same problem each time. Bluetooth will not turn off, immediately turns itself back on.