Moto-X dev edition stuck on stupid

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I have had my Moto-X for roughly 3 weeks and love this thing. So what started as 1-2 times a week glitch has now turned into a nightly issue. I am using the stock alarm clock at night with my phone sitting on my night stand and plugged in for the night to charge. My phone will then flicker between the alarm clock and the lock screen , then it would settle for the alarm clock. But now it flickers and the lock screen wins. Also if i reach up and hit the power button to put the phone to sleep after 10-15 seconds it will go back to the lock screen. It is to the point now i have to turn the phone face down so i am not blinded by hte light. I had a conversation with Motorola tech support lastnite and he had me wipe the cache to see if this would help. It did not. Anyone else having this random issue or ever had this issue ?

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have little issue when I use the dock, as I do also for my alarm. I do have daydream set and Assist sleep set. When I put it on the dock it doesnot always immediately goto notification screen with time (daydream). Not sure if this is similar to your problem. I found if I adjust the phone on the power point of the dock that it seems to put it into daydream mode. Basically moving it little while on the dock. I am also using unlock-wifi which is now SkipLock on the playstore, so the phone stays unlocked when connected to my home network so I do not get the lock screen.

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
issue resolved after motorola connected with my phone they found two apps that were woncky. Remove them and it solved the problem. these were apps i transferred to the phone from day one.

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Cover beta, and Screen lock widget. I have used screen lock widget for about 10 months on my razr-m and it worked flawlessly , so when i got my X i just loaded it and didnt think about it. As far as cover beta i had it installed and tried it for a few minutes and decided with all the stuff the X does i did not need it. I guess i should have uninstalled it instead of dismissing it. I got through 1 night without my phone being stuck on stupid . Then yesterday i side loaded GEL and tried it for an hour and again decided i did not like it so switched back to stock launcher, And last night my phone was stuck on stupid again. So in the middle of the night i uninstalled GEL, but did not reboot my X, It got stuck on stupid again, So this morning i rebooted and cleared cache, will see if that works.

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes i did that as one of my first steps. I ahve been through level 1 and level 2 tech support. They found the app issues. thanks for all the suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech