Moto X - assist not coming thru on Bluetooth all the time

britflanders

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I have the moto x. All is good except when driving With assist on it doesn't always play thru the Bluetooth speaker.

Any ideas.

Posted via Android Central App

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Does your car support bluetooth streaming of media? Mine doesn't, so the phone sees it as a bluetooth headset. That means calls go through the the sound system, but music or Moto Assist does not.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Do you have your volume up on phone? If it's on silent them you may not hear anything

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

B00001

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Mine comes through phone, not vehicle's speakers. I assume it is not going to as I cannot stream music through vehicle's speakers either.

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My car does not support media streaming, but Assist still comes through my car speakers. It shows up as a phone call.
At least it used to, I haven't used it in a while.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My car does not support media streaming, but Assist still comes through my car speakers. It shows up as a phone call.
At least it used to, I haven't used it in a while.

Mine stopped showing up as a phone call after 4.4 Now it does nothing, the phone goes through the assist motions but there is no sound. Maybe if i was on the bluetooth music part of my car it would work. I miss the old way.

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site
That's interesting. I don't think I've used it since I upgraded to 4.4. If that's the case, I might have to go back to 4.2.2 since that's one of the coolest features of this phone. Guess I have to do some testing.

ttenpas

May 2, 2011
Visit site
After further testing, I can confirm that text messages no longer come through bluetooth after the 4.4 update. Additionally, the turn-by-turn navigation also no longer comes through bluetooth. As rader023 said, it might work if you were using bluetooth media, but my car doesn't support that. Hopefully Motorola is working on a fix for this.

reversalagent

May 16, 2013
Visit site
After further testing, I can confirm that text messages no longer come through bluetooth after the 4.4 update. Additionally, the turn-by-turn navigation also no longer comes through bluetooth. As rader023 said, it might work if you were using bluetooth media, but my car doesn't support that. Hopefully Motorola is working on a fix for this.

As soon as I received the phone, it was updated to 4.4, so unable to test prior to this version, but I can get media (music, podcast) to play through bluetooth in car, but found it out that text messages were not being read out when assist is active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz