Moto X goes black and won't come back without hanging up call

Michelle Lentz

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
All:

I'm having a major issue with my MotoX, and it's enough to go back to the iPhone. I use my phone for business, meaning I'm on various conference calls, etc, every day. Actual phone calls. Sound quality and everything else is tolerable but there's one major issue.

A few minutes into a call on speaker or with a headset, my screen goes black. I can no longer access anything else (including number pad, texts, emails, CALENDAR, etc). Of those, it's really the Calendar and the Number Pad that are most important - or just the ability to switch off the speaker/headset!

I have tried wiggling the phone around every which way to activate the sensors. Nothing. It stays black. If I hit the volume up/down buttons, it affects the volume only, but doesn't turn the screen on. And then there's the power button (top right side). No matter how QUICKLY I hit that button, it hangs up the call! This is a huge issue! Either I'm hanging up on clients or I'm unable to access other phone features.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

And before you ask, there are no screen protectors or cases on this phone. It is naked, so to speak.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

- Michelle

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: MotoX goes black and won't come back without hanging up call

Check in your settings under "accessibility" and make sure you don't have "power button ends call" checked. I use speakerphone all the time and am able to wake the screen with a press of the power button.

Anup Yemsanwar

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site

thats good that ur prob is solved bt for those who are facing same issue even when accebility settings are fine then try uninstalling recently installed app...i installed fakewall n faced this prob..now deted fakewall app..n moto x is working fine

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

This has been mentioned before somewhere. I had the same issue and was able to do the double twist to access the camera then hit the back button to get to the main screen and pull up the phone screen. But yes I unchecked the power button ends call and that worked too. An odd flaw with this phone.