New startup animation, please!

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just rebooted my X - still has the "Christmas" startup animation! Okay Motorola...time for a more generic "Winter" theme.

(And THAT, folks, is the extent of my trouble with my Moto X. I love it.)

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Funny I thought the og one sucked and really liked the Christmas one. To each their own. But I am not rebooting that much anyway, so what does it really matter! Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I have yet to see the Christmas animation on my x I don't know why. Phone has been turned off numerous times and rebooted but still have the original. :( also the 12 days of Christmas run through this weekend so we're not quite out Christmas season yet.

Posted via Android Central App

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I have yet to see the Christmas animation on my x I don't know why. Phone has been turned off numerous times and rebooted but still have the original. :( also the 12 days of Christmas run through this weekend so we're not quite out Christmas season yet.

Is your phone running 4.4 KitKat?

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
No. But neither is my partner's moto g and he has it. So I didn't think there was a connection.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I hardly ever have to reboot, so I've only seen the Christmas one twice. I especially like the snow falling over the Motorola M though. Very nice, especially since it fits what I'm seeing outside my window right now.

TechTinker

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
No. But neither is my partner's moto g and he has it. So I didn't think there was a connection.

Well the update was put in with the 4.4 update for the Moto X, not sure about the Moto G, they probably had it ready so they shipped it with it.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Date was in the script posted earlier, around the first part of December. Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
The update came via the play store, but in order to get them you need to be on KitKat. I really don't understand people's reluctance to update. You're missing out on awesome stuff like touchless control updates and immersive mode.

procrastination

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
So many people talking about boot animations - Are folks really rebooting their phone that much?

I think I have only rebooted a few times. The only way I even knew there was a new startup animation was when I ran my battery down to zero and I powered back on after having it plugged in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles