Voice Activation Range

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I was wondering what kind of range you all get with the voice activation feature.

When I saw that they had included a "find my phone" feature I assumed that the range must be pretty long but mine won't wake up from more than a foot or two away unless I'm talking directly at it, much less if it was in a drawer or hiding under something.

Also about two thirds of the time it misinterprets what I'm asking it to do (dials incorrect numbers, searches, etc.). I would like to hear your experience so that I can determine whether what I am experiencing is normal or if I have a defective phone.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Range depends on your voice level and if something is obstructing the device. I would say a few feet would be acceptable. Anything further may require you to yell for the device.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I can activate mine from across the room. Also tested it by putting it between couch cushions and under my comforter and the find my phone feature worked perfectly.

If yours isn't working that well, you might want to re-train launch phrase. Follow the exact directions by doing it in a DEAD silent room (not even ambient noise) with the phone at arm's length.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Retrain the phone. Mine has quite the distance. The more quiet it is, the better off you are.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have ben able to activate it at several feet, but other noise is a factor. In my lap in my car with the radio on, and my X couldn't hear me well. Quiet room at seven to ten feet and it could hear me fine.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, that was it! When I initially trained it I held it right next to my face.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it sorted. See you around the forums.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95