Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar events in Notification Center

Please see photo below. When I create a calendar event for the next day, I set the reminder time at "0" ... which, as I understand it, will put the event in Notification Center so it's visible. The problem is, it keeps putting a "snooze" option under the event, which is annoying. If you hit snooze, it swipes away that event from Notification Center - which I don't want. I want the event to remain in Notification Center (without the snooze thing) until I'm ready to swipe it away myself. What am I doing wrong here? Am I not setting the reminder portion correctly? I have a feeling I'm missing something very minor here, but I can't figure it out.

So, I just want my Calendar Events to show up in Notification Center at midnight on the day of the event ... without it saying "snooze" ... and I want to be able to swipe the event away when I'm ready to.

I remember when I first got this phone, I had set a calendar event ... and I did it in some way where that "snooze" did not show up and it worked beautifully - with no snooze prompt. The problem is, I don't remember how I did it that time .

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calendar events in Notification Center-screenshot_2014-01-05-00-36-20.png  

Default Re: Calendar events in Notification Center

dont hit the snooze then... dont understand why its important to remove it.

its called expandable notification. if there is expandable notification on the top notification they would be expanded by default

you can collapse it swiping up from below the snooze

"I did it in some way where that "snooze" did not show up" that may be because there was another notification on top just like how ur second notification is not showing snooze
    Last edited by still1; 01-05-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    dont hit the snooze then... dont understand why its important to remove it.

its called expandable notification. if there is expandable notification on the top notification they would be expanded by default

you can collapse it swiping up from below the snooze

"I did it in some way where that "snooze" did not show up" that may be because there was another notification on top just like how ur second notification is not showing snooze
    The expandable/collapsible notification concept I understand. I see how that works, being able to drag up and down to see more or less. And you're right, removing the snooze prompt is not important ... it's just that I forgot that you can expand/collapse the message. My main point is, I just want those events to stay there until I swipe them away.

So, for instance, I have two calendar events for today, Jan 5th. But they are not displayed in Notification Center. Is there a way to manually get those to pop into Notification Center and stay there until I swipe them away (or until midnight tonight when they expire)?

Posted via Android Central App

Maybe you should use Google now reminders. OK Google now, remind me to 'blank' at 'blank o'clock'

-Moto X-
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    Maybe you should use Google now reminders. OK Google now, remind me to 'blank' at 'blank o'clock'

-Moto X-
    I use Reminders, too. But I'm going to keep playing with this other thing until I figure it out - kinda driving me nuts.