Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
01-06-2014 09:27 AM
107 replies
Like Tree7Likes
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Moto X - Front Camera Grommet Dislocated

Well my 4th phone started having this problem. Decided I was sick of getting a new Moto X every 4 months and decided to use the really edge on Verizon to get a turbo. Should arrive tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App

Had to bump this thread again. My 3rd Moto X started having this issue. It wouldn't be a big deal, but I've been using hangouts a lot because my wife travels for her job. Called Moto. After some time, the called me back and offered me a 16G refurb because they aren't producing them anymore. I would have taken a 32G refurb. I bought a 32G, and both of my replacements for this exact same issue were 32G. I declined and they said they were sorry and hoped I had a good day. Lately I've been thinking about grabbing the Droid turbo or the nexus 6 on the Verizon edge program. I might be leaning more toward the LG G3, or wait until the G4 comes out now. I don't expect the world, but my phone is still under warranty and it's definitely a manufacturing problem. I asked if I could send them my phone and have them remove or fix the gasket, and they said no. Just wanted to share my latest experience.

Posted via Android Central App

At this point you might as well try to fix it yourself.

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gregba View Post
    Well my 4th phone started having this problem. Decided I was sick of getting a new Moto X every 4 months and decided to use the really edge on Verizon to get a turbo. Should arrive tomorrow.

How does pricing work with Edge if you already have a device under contract? I've thought about a Droid Turbo but I'm kinda waiting to see what hits over the next 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    How does pricing work with Edge if you already have a device under contract? I've thought about a Droid Turbo but I'm kinda waiting to see what hits over the next 6 months.

If you're eligible for "early edge", you have to give them your phone. If your 2 year contract is up, you just sign up for it. I think it depends on how far you're into your contract to qualify for early edge. Not sure though. Depending on your data plan, you get a discount on your monthly line. 15 or 25. Then you finance the phone over 24 months. You can put money down on it to lower the monthly finance payment of you want a well.

KWKSLVR likes this.

Default The Grommet Got Me! (8 Months After Purchase)

I had seen other folks report a problem where the front camera lens grommet (some sort of protective film or ring inside the phone) slips down and ends up covering a portion of the lens. I had hoped this would not happen to me but alas it did after about 8 months of use.

I called Motorola customer support and they agreed to send me a replacement Moto X 2013 XT1053. So just thought to share my experience here in case anyone else faces a similar problem. See the photos/red arrow I attached to better understand what I am talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Moto X (1st gen): Front Camera Grommet Dislocated-grommet-arrow-2.jpg  

Default Re: Moto X (1st gen): Front Camera Grommet Dislocated

Just a quick update. I got my replacement phone. They gave me a 64gb version of the XT1053. My previous ohone was 16gb.

Looks brand new but assuming its a refurbished device. No physical blemushes ir anything. All ports are snug abd tight.

There are two minor issues, First my custom message upon turning on the phone is nit there but the back if the phone eching is. Second is an unlicked bootloader message is displayed turning on or off.

Overall very happy.

Default Re: Moto X (1st gen): Front Camera Grommet Dislocated

I had this exact same problem with my moto x 1st gen out of the box but I never addressed it. I just got home from the Moto store in Chicago after purchasing a moto x pure, and guess what exact same issue with the grommet. I don't think I want deal with the trouble of this if the issue hasn't been fixed within the last 2 years.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345