Receiving MMS on Straight Talk

jdeiwert

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
So I've looked around for a solid solution to this problem, but I can't find one that works for me. I have the Moto X on Straight talk. Data, talk, text and even sending MMS works great. I just can't receive picture messages. I've tried the APN Straight Talk suggests along with several on this forum and others. Has anyone with a Moto X found a way to resolve this? Any help would be fantastic. For reference, I've tried:

Straight Talk
tfdata
http://mms-tf.net
mms3.tracfone.com

I've tried several variations of this as well including APN type: default,supl,mms adding Port:80

Thank you so much for anyone who is willing to try and help!

Jake

jdeiwert

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
sadly mms2 did not work either : [ ive seen some people have better luck when their second billing cycle starts. im hoping that is the case for me, but if not, then i have no idea what else to do. straight talk says its my phone, but my mom and sister just got moto g and they have the exact same issue as well.

thisisether

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I've searched for this too, I have a unlocked x on ST, and it looks like I see 3 options that are almost guaranteed to work:
1. Wait for your bill cycle to reload. I've never seen this NOT work, so that's encouraging. Just gotta wait.

2. Buy another Sim card for 7 bucks and transfer your number to it, and voila, the mms works. I also have see this work many times and 100% of the time. What's an extra 7 bucks when you're paying 45 a Month ? I am currently thinking about taking this route. I'm so cheap tho, I've been telling friend to email me.

3. Buy a new reload card and apply it immediately to your account. I've seen this work for people, problem is, straight talk may or may not credit you for the days u have left on your current balance. U also would have to deal with their excellent customer service if you tried to recoup those plan days. But I've seen that work a number of people.

4. I forgot, I've seen a lot of success with people just factory resetting their phones and re entering APN settings and mms receiving just starts working. I want to try this but I'm too lazy to want to set up my brand new phone all over again.

I will try the factory reset today and see if that works, I think it will. Now, what I haven't really seen work is tinkering with APN settings. I've been looking this up for about a month ever since the black Friday sale, and I've studied this issue a lot. Ive literally seen around a 10% success rate for people tinkering with APN settings, not to mention it didn't work for me either....that's clearly not the issue.
Please spread the word...

n0obpr0

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the APN straight talk provided ever since I got my moto x and MMS work flawlessly.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon