Moto X: unwanted unlock noise?

oliviasbored

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a moto x, under the republic wireless carrier and Ive had it for about a week now. the software is 4.2
For some reason, starting about 2 days ago, it's been giving me a weird noise whenever I unlock my phone. ive even recorded it so maybe someone else has had this problem? Moto x unwanted unlock sound - YouTube
i did not set this up and I don't know how to get rid of it. Its really annoying. any help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: unwanted unlock noise?

power the phone on/off to allow the change to take affect...maybe?

oliviasbored

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Its really annoying agh.... Ya I'll try contacting them, though I hear their customer service is not so good, but the community is pretty helpful

Frankump

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party lock screen? I ask because you appear to be locking the phone by touching a button in the upper left-hand corner. The MOTO X's power key is on the right side as you look at the screen.

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you using a 3rd party lock screen? I ask because you appear to be locking the phone by touching a button in the upper left-hand corner. The MOTO X's power key is on the right side as you look at the screen.

Nope, she is hitting the power button. Just grabbing the phone at the top with her index and hitting the power button with the thumb.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Kari W

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Olivia - I have the same problem with my rw moto x - AND we have the same phone case! Coincidence??

But seriously, did you ever solve the issue?

Grim Ton

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
No way?? This must be a Republic wireless thing then maybe? And it's STILL happening. Soooo annoying. Let me know if you figure anything out about it!

Olivia - I have the same problem with my rw moto x - AND we have the same phone case! Coincidence??

But seriously, did you ever solve the issue?

Do you guys have contactless cards in the case or anything that will set off the NFC. As that sound is for NFC pairing. I can mimic exactly what your issue using my bank card and unlocking the phone.

Kari W

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Amazing!! I'm so glad I mentioned the case! I had just started storing my touchless bus pass in the case and as soon as I removed it the sound stopped!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech