Share Your Moto X Signature/Engraving

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I see photos of someone's Moto X and it's cool to read their signature/engraving on the back on the phone.

Would love to read what others have chosen, if any. :)

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just have my name on mine. That's something I know I won't get tired of.

I don't sell my phones, so that won't be an issue down the line.

kakos26

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine says: Force Fate - Believe.

To me they are powerful words that make me want to take action towards my goals and dreams. Believing in yourself is very important and it's nice to glance at my phone after I get off the ice or finish training to see a positive reminder 👌😁

Posted via Moto X (VZ)

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought a lot about what to have engraved on mine and I ended up with nothing. I was impatient and didn't want it to take longer to be built. I kind of wished I had something engraved after the phone came but now I don't even think about it... I look at the front of my phone, not the back. When I was thinking about it though I was going for inspirational or motivational. Was hard to find something that would fit that I liked and wasn't overly clich?.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I thought a lot about what to have engraved on mine and I ended up with nothing. I was impatient and didn't want it to take longer to be built.

Mine only took four business days from design to being in my hand, including the delay for weather. It was originally only going to take two.

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine only took four business days from design to being in my hand, including the delay for weather. It was originally only going to take two.

Well my assumption was that with the sale that anything with engraving would possibly take longer. It was just a guess, had no information to back that up. But had I kept thinking about what to put on the back I might have ordered it 6 hours or even a day or 2 later and it would have taken longer because of that.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm really tempted. I wouldn't want to do my name but more of a phrase or saying even something in another language like "Carpe Diem" or "Memento Mori". I think it would be cool to have either a cool saying or phrase on the back of the moto x but having it an another language is even better. Although maybe memento mori isn't the best one. It was just an example. I think if you have a saying or phrase too even if you attempt to sell it one day it would have more value then just saying your name or something random.

That being said the one I'm wanting to do is Olive Back, White Front, Silver Accents. Something olive or green related? I'm just undecided on engraving. I've probably visited the moto maker site every day for the past two weeks at least I finally got my colors done. I just want order the phone already.

Just curious though is anyone worried about selling the phone later down the line if they engrave it?

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Just curious though is anyone worried about selling the phone later down the line if they engrave it?

Nope. I've never sold a phone. We just keep them in the family and pass them down or keep as back up.

I'm going to get "Miss you Rheese!" on mine. He's my son that passed away.

maxchat35

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I finally ordered mine last night. Went black, black woven, metallic blue. As for the sig mine will read.

"morior invictus"

Sent from my DROID X2

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if there's a way to change the phrase on the startup screen?

I was told by Motorola at one point that they were working on an OTA patch to make this an option but who knows. I've been told a lot of things by their CSR that corporate has then denied.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk