Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Share Your Moto X Signature/Engraving

Sometimes I see photos of someone's Moto X and it's cool to read their signature/engraving on the back on the phone.

Would love to read what others have chosen, if any.

Default Re: Share Your Moto X Signature/Engraving

I just have my name on mine. That's something I know I won't get tired of.

I don't sell my phones, so that won't be an issue down the line.

Mine says: Force Fate - Believe.

To me they are powerful words that make me want to take action towards my goals and dreams. Believing in yourself is very important and it's nice to glance at my phone after I get off the ice or finish training to see a positive reminder 👌😁

Posted via Moto X (VZ)
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

I thought a lot about what to have engraved on mine and I ended up with nothing. I was impatient and didn't want it to take longer to be built. I kind of wished I had something engraved after the phone came but now I don't even think about it... I look at the front of my phone, not the back. When I was thinking about it though I was going for inspirational or motivational. Was hard to find something that would fit that I liked and wasn't overly clich.
    dsw1519 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNM84 View Post
    I thought a lot about what to have engraved on mine and I ended up with nothing. I was impatient and didn't want it to take longer to be built.
    Mine only took four business days from design to being in my hand, including the delay for weather. It was originally only going to take two.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Mine only took four business days from design to being in my hand, including the delay for weather. It was originally only going to take two.
    Well my assumption was that with the sale that anything with engraving would possibly take longer. It was just a guess, had no information to back that up. But had I kept thinking about what to put on the back I might have ordered it 6 hours or even a day or 2 later and it would have taken longer because of that.

I'm really tempted. I wouldn't want to do my name but more of a phrase or saying even something in another language like "Carpe Diem" or "Memento Mori". I think it would be cool to have either a cool saying or phrase on the back of the moto x but having it an another language is even better. Although maybe memento mori isn't the best one. It was just an example. I think if you have a saying or phrase too even if you attempt to sell it one day it would have more value then just saying your name or something random.

That being said the one I'm wanting to do is Olive Back, White Front, Silver Accents. Something olive or green related? I'm just undecided on engraving. I've probably visited the moto maker site every day for the past two weeks at least I finally got my colors done. I just want order the phone already.

Just curious though is anyone worried about selling the phone later down the line if they engrave it?

Does anybody know if there's a way to change the phrase on the startup screen?
    ttfn92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mvsmith View Post
    Just curious though is anyone worried about selling the phone later down the line if they engrave it?
    Nope. I've never sold a phone. We just keep them in the family and pass them down or keep as back up.

I'm going to get "Miss you Rheese!" on mine. He's my son that passed away.

Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    There's a thread over at xda for that. It requires root, an app, and a locked (NOT unlocked) bootloader.

I have my initials on mine ( JET ). I never sell my phones so I don't worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    There's a thread over at xda for that. It requires root, an app, and a locked (NOT unlocked) bootloader.
    Damn. I didn't think about that, and I do sell my phones if they have decent value. Drat. Lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanked by:
    Sophos and jephanie like this.

Mine might be cheesy but I got mine to say "work hard play hard"

I changed My Signature and photo. I'm now using thisShare Your Moto X Signature/Engraving-carlos-spicy-minons.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Damn. I didn't think about that, and I do sell my phones if they have decent value. Drat. Lol.

You can't change it but you can remove it without root if you factory reset your phone.

You can change the boot picture back to stock or flash other pictures using this program [TOOL] Moto X Toolkit v1.2.1 [Backup/Restore,Drivers,Return to stock,Root,Bootani] - xda-developers.
    Also see this thread Changing your Moto X bootlogo (no root needed) - xda-developers.

No root needed!
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,258 Global Posts

i made mine my Xbox Gamertag BreakingCustoms, but i made it...

breaking.customs

I finally ordered mine last night. Went black, black woven, metallic blue. As for the sig mine will read.

"morior invictus"

Sent from my DROID X2
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by effreyj View Post
    I was told by Motorola at one point that they were working on an OTA patch to make this an option but who knows. I've been told a lot of things by their CSR that corporate has then denied.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Mine is: Climb On!

I love climbing, and that's one of the phrases we say when we climb with rope. I didn't put anything on my startup screen since I rarely turn off or reboot my phone.
    Moto X (Ebony wood back, silver accents, black front)
    Previously: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Droid X - Blackberry Tour 9630 - Dumbphones

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I was thinking about engraving "Who is John Galt" on the back but ended up with it blank. If you know the phrase "Who is John Galt" you'll probably like it. If you don't know the phrase, it'll make no sense, but it's kind of a philisophical thing, at least for me.

Ended with it blank as I didn't want to hurt resale value but my startup screen says "I am John Galt."

My wife's has her name on it. Both of mine just say "Moto X" and I'm good with that. I thought it would be a good way to label the phone for people who want to look at it plus it would be easier to sell to another party if I became so inclined. And it just looks dang good.

Went with, "Hello <my name>" and Moto X on the back.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

"Scientia Est Lux Lucis" = Knowledge is Enlightenment. I like the meaning and what it encompasses.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast