How do I remove excess empty home screens on the Moto X running 4.4?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
1. From a home screen, pinch in on the screen.
2. Select and hold the appropriate panel then drag and drop it on Remove (located at the top)

It was failing for me too, but I guess I was doing it wrong at first, I think u hav to hold and drag at the top of the panel.

Android 4.4 on Samsung Galaxy

Posted via the Android Central App

But...

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

jaynyc

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Moto X 4.4.4 on Verizon. When I try to pinch on any of the blank home screens it pops a wallpaper selection dialog box. How are others with Moto X 4.4.4. able to delete home screens without installing 3rd party launchers?

Any info greatly appreciated.

--jay

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Moto X 4.4.4 on Verizon. When I try to pinch on any of the blank home screens it pops a wallpaper selection dialog box. How are others with Moto X 4.4.4. able to delete home screens without installing 3rd party launchers?

--jay

I have the exact opposite issue as you do. I wanted to be able to add pages to mine because with my Samsung Galaxy S3, I was so used to having 7 pages to have my setup on that it was driving me nuts trying to get everything that I needed on 5 pages. The only way I could get my 7 pages for my setup was to install a 3rd party launcher (Nova Launcher). I'm able to get my widget setup just the way that I wanted it with that launcher.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

--jay

I believe there to be misinformation in this thread. You can't get rid of the extra screens on the default launcher.

sh4rkbayte

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Not sure about Moto X, but I noticed on my S5, I had to put an app/widget on the screen. If the screen was blank, it wouldn't move. After I dragged an icon to the screen, I was able to press and hold (one finger) and simply drag the whole screen to the trash can. I'm now down to 3 screens on stock 4.4.4.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about Moto X, but I noticed on my S5, I had to put an app/widget on the screen. If the screen was blank, it wouldn't move. After I dragged an icon to the screen, I was able to press and hold (one finger) and simply drag the whole screen to the trash can. I'm now down to 3 screens on stock 4.4.4.

Your S5 isn't "stock" 4.4.4 in the sense that it's not using the AOSP launcher.

Easyclass

May 7, 2015
Visit site
An app called CALENGOO is a great app for appointments and it installs a bunch of widgets including full screen widgets! It syncs with samsung or google calendar!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000