Moto X Assist with Location triggers (are there Smart Actions alternatives?)

Toddzilla#WN

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Moto X and am loving it. One thing that was a surprise to me is that the Assist function seems to only have three modes (Sleep, Drive, and Meeting). My wife's Droid 4 had Smart Actions which seemed like a great and simple substitute for apps like Tasker. Is there a Motorola Smart Actions type of app/upgrade that I can add to the Moto X to perform simple tasks like put the ringer on vibrate at a certain GPS location or a certain time?

Ideally I'd like something that worked with Assist to prevent contradicting task actions. I have fooled around with Tasker and Trigger some but I was hoping Assist did this out of the box to keep the chance for interfering tasks to a minimum.

Thanks!

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I think Moto really was focused on trying to create an easy to use, user experience with the Moto X. I had Smart Actions on my previous Droid Razr Maxx and they really dummed it down by going to Motorola Assist. There's all kinds of automation apps out there and you just have to try them to see what works for your needs. Tasker was too complex for me and in the past I've used Automate It, which wasn't bad. But currently, I'm just operating without any 3rd party automation apps.

Ex_Mortuus

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I use On {x} its a Microsoft app its on play store and online you set a rule online and enforce it to phone don't see what you need you can write one up

Ex Mortuus via XT1056

atCristhian

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use On {x} its a Microsoft app its on play store and online you set a rule online and enforce it to phone don't see what you need you can write one up

Ex Mortuus via XT1056

Great recommendation!

I used {x} before on my N4, it's a bit tricky at the beginning for some people but for me it was really easy to use.
And it's free!

Posted via Android Central App

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

Ex Mortuus via XT1056

My problem with that app is it hasn't been updated since 2012..over a year ago. Doesn't seem like they are supporting it and have likely abandoned the project. Back in Sept. 2013 they said they would release an update by the end of the year, but that date has come and past without a peep since then. Doesn't sound like something that can be counted on. A side project for them at best.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
But it works what up update do they really need? You write your own rules.

Ex Mortuus via XT1056

And if a future version of Android breaks the app, then what? Think bigger picture. An app needs continual support and updates in order to be viable. Otherwise bugs don't get fixed and at some point things will stop working right.