4G/LTE Issues on Sprint - Moto X

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experiencing this? Mine keeps dropping off, where other phones in the same location/same provider with me do not.

I've done trouble-shooting with Sprint and a Motorola engineer - nothing. Sprint thinks I need to get a replacement phone. Motorola is clueless.

Now, randomly, my phone says it cannot read the SIM card. I'm on my 3rd Moto X...when does it stop being such a pain?!

Take57

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
All I can add is the Sprint 4G on my "X" works phenomenally better than the EVO LTE it replaced. Night and Day.
Obviously YMMV.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
All I can add is the Sprint 4G on my "X" works phenomenally better than the EVO LTE it replaced. Night and Day.
Obviously YMMV.

Well, now no one can hear me on phone calls, either. And 4G worked better on my Photon, no question.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that the Photon used WiMax and not LTE, so some of your issue may be due to the coverage in your area.

Posted via Android Central App

kenpbuck

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Wimax was Sprint's original 4G, they later converted to LTE, a different 4G standard that operates on different hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Wimax was Sprint's original 4G, they later converted to LTE, a different 4G standard that operates on different hardware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But I had my Photon up until this past November. Surely 4G/LTE was in effect by then? Even now, switching between the two phones...one makes great calls (Photon), the other people complain they can't hear me ALL the time.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Different sims. Sprint doesn't use sims like other providers.

For the LTE, there is a Sim card. It is in the slot on the side of your phone. You can use the Sim card removal tool to look. It may be a faulty card.
WiMax and LTE are different bands. If the Photon was WiMax (which I am pretty sure it was) you would not get the same 4G as LTE.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

cerebasan

May 1, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I'm on my 3rd moto x and having the same issue. Random total signal drops on sprint. Nobody has any ideas why. I wish a moto engineer would talk to me. I've been keeping signal check pro logs of it.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For the LTE, there is a Sim card. It is in the slot on the side of your phone. You can use the Sim card removal tool to look. It may be a faulty card.
WiMax and LTE are different bands. If the Photon was WiMax (which I am pretty sure it was) you would not get the same 4G as LTE.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

That would explain why I got almost no 4g reception on my photon, and get pretty good 4g reception on the x.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth I'm on my 3rd moto x and having the same issue. Random total signal drops on sprint. Nobody has any ideas why. I wish a moto engineer would talk to me. I've been keeping signal check pro logs of it.

So Motorola had a local engineering team in my area for business and they had me meet with him to flash my phone - I thought, to get a bug report - but after the fact, turns out they updated the OS to 4.4.2 which hasn't been released to the public yet. Needless to say, I now get ZERO 4G in areas I did get it (at home) and when before people complained they couldn't hear me, now I can't hear them, either. In other words, worse off than before. Now my X is fully unusable.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I did get a message from Sprint this week dating some new updates to our area. They are just slow in expanding. Verizon where I live is like a bad rash, red all over.