Geo Tagged Pics
Did multiple searches but I could not find anything to help me. I have to be doing something wrong here.
I want to take a picture, a geo tagged picture, and import it into my gps so I have a visual of a waypoint, feature, or whatever.
On my Moto X, I have the Geo tag feature turned on. I take the pic. I email the pic to myself so I can save to my PC. I pull the pic from my PC into my GPS, says "no location found, no gps coordinates" or something like that. I open the pic on my pc and view properties, nothing about gps coordinates listed there. Double check the camera app, yup the little "geo tagging on" button is highlighted. Why am I not getting the geo tagging details on the pics?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Geo Tagged Pics
OK! Think I figured it out. So, I took the pics with Geotagging ON. I get home, I turned Geotagging off as I dont need all my future pictures geotagged. So I email the pictures to my email account and when they came through, no GPS coordinates. I went back to phone, turned Geotagging back to ON, emailed the pics again, and the GPS coordinates are there. Imported into GPS just fine!
I was thinking if geotagging was on, and you take a pic, the geo tag would be attached to that pic from that point on, regardless of whether you turned the geotag on or off in the cam app. Now I know.
- 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM #3~ Still Waters Run Deep ~
- By RobbyRob123 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 9Last Post: 01-12-2014, 08:34 PM
- By Lilshaq65 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 8Last Post: 01-12-2014, 02:22 AM
- By justjohn99 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:04 AM
- By dronewolf in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
- By eviehearts in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 01-10-2014, 06:02 PM