Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Geo Tagged Pics

Did multiple searches but I could not find anything to help me. I have to be doing something wrong here.

I want to take a picture, a geo tagged picture, and import it into my gps so I have a visual of a waypoint, feature, or whatever.

On my Moto X, I have the Geo tag feature turned on. I take the pic. I email the pic to myself so I can save to my PC. I pull the pic from my PC into my GPS, says "no location found, no gps coordinates" or something like that. I open the pic on my pc and view properties, nothing about gps coordinates listed there. Double check the camera app, yup the little "geo tagging on" button is highlighted. Why am I not getting the geo tagging details on the pics?

Thanks in advance!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

Default Re: Geo Tagged Pics

OK! Think I figured it out. So, I took the pics with Geotagging ON. I get home, I turned Geotagging off as I dont need all my future pictures geotagged. So I email the pictures to my email account and when they came through, no GPS coordinates. I went back to phone, turned Geotagging back to ON, emailed the pics again, and the GPS coordinates are there. Imported into GPS just fine!

I was thinking if geotagging was on, and you take a pic, the geo tag would be attached to that pic from that point on, regardless of whether you turned the geotag on or off in the cam app. Now I know.

Default Re: Geo Tagged Pics

this might be a silly question, but is your location enabled? All of it? sometimes your gps is turned off even if other features are on. Sometimes its the simple things...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Good to know!!

Quote Originally Posted by B00001 View Post
    OK! Think I figured it out. So, I took the pics with Geotagging ON. I get home, I turned Geotagging off as I dont need all my future pictures geotagged. So I email the pictures to my email account and when they came through, no GPS coordinates. I went back to phone, turned Geotagging back to ON, emailed the pics again, and the GPS coordinates are there. Imported into GPS just fine!

I was thinking if geotagging was on, and you take a pic, the geo tag would be attached to that pic from that point on, regardless of whether you turned the geotag on or off in the cam app. Now I know.
    ~ Still Waters Run Deep ~